Non-FFA Social Worker
Location: Antioch, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11598
Position Title: Non-FFA Social Worker
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, and support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
The mission of the REACH program is to provide comprehensive pre and post adoption services to families in identified geographic areas. The REACH program provides resources, education, advocacy, crisis intervention/counseling and hope to adoptive families. The REACH Social Worker provides comprehensive pre and post adoption services which are inclusive of information and referral , support groups for parents and children, training on special needs and adoptive parenting, education and resource linkage, therapeutic counseling, case management services, advocacy, crises intervention, and in home supportive services.
The Non-FFA Social Worker provides case management services directly to adoptive families by providing assessments, home visits, and trainings to facilitate successful outcomes for adopted child and families.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s foster care and adoption agency has been a leader in providing services to children and families in California for over 45 years. Aspiranet strives to connect children to safe, caring relationships that can last a lifetime. We prepare and approve skilled and caring parents; guiding them in becoming a healing resource to the children in their care. We work in partnership with our families by providing ongoing support, training and monitoring until children are able to reunify with their families. When returning home is not an option, we partner with children and families to develop a plan for life long connections that may include adoption. In working with our families our goal is always the same – to maximize opportunities for the best possible outcomes. The difference you make in your daily work can change lives.
Your Skills and Duties
- Develop and maintain a professional support relationship with adopted child, families and their resource team.
- Provide regular case contact and support (training, resources, advocacy, and interventions) to the children and their families as needed to meet identified goals.
- Prepare quality service plans, reports, and case documentation per Agency standards.
- Complete required reports per Agency, funder and regulatory entity.
- Attend team meetings related to family’s needs and service plan.
- Conduct and participate in district sponsored trainings and special events.
- Complete administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Participate in individual weekly case review, individual and group supervision, and staff meetings.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Advocate for the families strengths, abilities and competencies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by District Director.
Education & Work Experience
- Master’s Degree in a related mental health field.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Non-FFA Social Worker
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antioch, California US