Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10361
Position Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist provides primary candidate sourcing and screening for open positions in the Agency by building a strong presence as an employer of choice, developing and executing sourcing strategies for open positions and pipeline needs through professional and social networks, identifying individuals with the skills and characteristics required to be successful at the Agency, cultivating relationships with those individuals with the goal to convert them to applicants, partnering with hiring managers and core division directors to identify open positions and understand requirements, drafting compelling job advertisements to attract top candidates, screening applicants for skills, experience, certifications, and fit with the Agency, recommending applicants for interviews with hiring managers, managing the offer process, and partnering with the onboarding specialist and hiring manager to ensure all new hire requirements are met.
Your Skills and Duties
Recruitment and Candidate Engagement:
- Develops sourcing strategies and plans to support the hiring needs of assigned divisions;
- Organize, coordinate, and attend events that increase community presence and attract qualified candidates (i.e. job fairs, college career days, career counseling centers).
- Builds pipelines of prospective candidates based on skills, education, experience, and/or location;
- Regularly communicates with prospective candidates through the candidate relationship management (CRM) system to encourage them to apply;
- Maintains the CRM system to effectively communicate with prospective candidates;
- Coordinates with the Director of Talent Acquisition and external recruiting advertising agency to place advertising via the appropriate channels;
- Actively sources candidates online using provided tools and licenses;
- Regularly evaluates the results of sourcing activities and make recommendations for cost effective changes.
- Partners with hiring managers to understand specific hiring needs;
- Assists hiring managers to create requisitions in the applicant tracking system (ATS);
- Drafts compelling job advertisements that attract top talent;
- Maintains and updates internal job postings, and external Aspiranet website via the ATS;
- Tracks resumes and referral sources in the ATS;
- Reviews applicants and selects the best qualified for phone interviews;
- Conducts phone interviews;
- Recommends candidates for interviews with hiring managers;
- Provides interview coaching to hiring managers and other interviewers, as needed;
- Ensures interview feedback forms are completed for candidates interviewed in-person;
- Coordinates with Director of Talent Acquisition to administer candidate skills tests, as needed;
- Ensures all non-selected candidates receive notification and are properly dispositioned in the ATS;
- Drafts candidate offer letters and routes for approval;
- Reviews candidate references and follows-up where needed;
- Extends offers to candidates.
Onboarding/New Hire Processing:
- Partners with onboarding specialist and hiring manager to ensure all new hire paperwork is completed in a timely manner;
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Human Resources management or related field.
- 3 years of full life-cycle recruiting experience.
- Demonstrated ability to source and select candidates based on position requirements.
- Verifiable social media recruiting experience/presence.
- 1 year of experience representing an organization at career fairs and community events.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to achieve results with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, power point, share point, HRIS systems.
- Ability to interface and work well with diverse staff, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Organization skills, communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record.
- Experience recruiting in the social services field
- Prior work experience in a not-for-profit setting
- Prior work experience in a recruitment agency
- Experience in a multi-site organization
- Understanding of and experience with the latest recruiting technologies and solutions
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then ASPIRAnet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Recruiter
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US