Chief Information Officer
Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10348
Position Title: Chief Information Officer
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Chief Information Officer (CIO works with the Agency leadership team in creating and implementing the Agency’s strategy for effective use of technology in all areas of program operations and administration. Provides leadership and is responsible for information and communications technology management and control, including: liaising with contract vendors; budget preparation and management; recommendations for technical acquisitions; and development of guidelines, standards and procedures. The CIO is charged with strategic planning, tactical action, and operational decision-making. The CIO must possess initiative and drive, have broad relevant technical knowledge and the ability to extrapolate and implement staff technology needs based on often vague or contradictory input.
Your Skills and Duties
- Assesses the Agency’s technology needs and implements the technology plan, managing major technology projects/initiatives including but not limited to upgrades and hardware and software infrastructure.
- Manages purchasing and identifies cost-effective solutions for IT equipment and user licenses, and implementing the technology plan against budget.
- Works with management service staff in developing and implementing technology management policies and procedures.
- Manages technology independent contractors – purchases/coordinates services, reviews invoices and provides contractor feedback.
- Coordinates deploying new equipment and trouble-shooting user problems in collaboration with Site-Tech Coordinators and contract vendors.
- Maintains computer inventories and manages physical inventory taking.
- In collaboration with Chief Operation Officers and core division directors, develops and improves systems for the collections, analysis and reporting of client and program outcomes.
- Identifies training resources and assists in providing training to sites as needed.
- Actively participates in regular meetings with supervisors and senior managers.
- This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice as directed by management.
Education & Work Experience
- 4+ years hands-on experience with/in technology consulting or management with demonstrated leadership in designing and managing implementation of technology systems.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Background in nonprofit and mental health sector strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to build collaborative relationships with diverse parties (e.g. staff, partners, vendors, volunteers).
- Strong organizational skills, project management skills and attention to detail, and experience in developing and maintaining systems and processes.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member or independently.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of software development lifecycle management, tools, and cross-functional activities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented culture.
- Willingness to pitch in where needed; a self-starter with a can-do attitude.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report).
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then Aspiranet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Chief Information Officer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US