Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10341
Position Title: HR Generalist
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Human Resources Generalist position supports all employees with general HR services from employees “hire to retire”. Major responsibilities are: Employment which includes on boarding of Agency new hires, clients and non-employees (volunteers, contractors, tutors, and interns), report writing, compliance with regulatory requirements, Leaves of Absences, Worker’s Compensation, Employee Benefits, Background Checks and Compliance.
Your Skills and Duties
New Hire Processing, Status Changes, Separations:
- Works with Onboarders to ensure all Orientation packets are completed within time allotted and are correct;
- enters new hire information into the HRIS system and creates Employee Self Service accounts;
- communicates new hire information to IT (Altruit) to set up e-mail accounts;
- creates and updates all employees’ Job Descriptions and posts on intranet;
- maintains and updates HR intranet site as needed and provides feedback to CHRO on improvement ideas;
- processes Workability Students, Fusion Charter employees, and Americorps Volunteers onboarding documentation that are outside of the ATS/Onboarding system;
- processes status changes with Payroll;
- separates employees in the HRIS system and prepares separation packages for payroll;
- notifies IT of pending separations to close their e-mail accounts.
- Assists the Supervisor with processing employee benefit invoices;
- assists with the annual Open Enrollment;
- updates and maintains the benefit portion of the HRIS/ESS system and the HR intranet site (including benefit carrier connect);
- assists with benefit enrollment for San Francisco based programs such as Healthy San Francisco;
- updates ACA requirements in HRIS;
- performs other duties as assigned;
- administers the Commuter Program for all Agency employees;
- prepares benefit reports as needed.
Safety Coordinator Duties:
- prepares minutes for monthly Staff/Safety committee meetings and facilitates Safety Training as warranted;
- publishes and posts monthly Staff/Safety meeting minutes on intranet Safety site;
- tracks monthly Safety minutes and training documents and maintains Agency Safety log semiannually;
- develops and updates Safety training on intranet site and updates forms/policies as needed;
- Updates and posts the IIPP and Emergency Management manuals on the HR intranet site;
- Assists with quarterly supervisor training on ADAAA and Essentials of Worker’s Comp.
- Checks websites, e-mails, and mail for clearances twice daily and by special request:
- issues fingerprint clearances to Agency hiring managers and Field Recruiters per CCL requirements;
- tracks clearance requests and DOJ invoices on spreadsheet;
- processes DOJ invoices and submits to Accounting for payment on a monthly basis;
- follows-up with DOJ when fingerprints do not clear or are delayed;
- provides field personnel with forms to complete and submit for fingerprint clearance exemptions;
- updates the Fingerprint Clearance Binder with all required forms from DSS/DOJ regarding fingerprinting.
- works with State DSS/DOJ to receive updated information and training on new regulations;
- processes Facility reports with field personnel input to determine fingerprint association status
Leaves of Absence Worker’s Comp Duties:
- Maintains LOA log, ETM, and tracks leaves of absences using the HRIS system;
- maintains W.C. log and prepares annual CALOSHA 300 report and disseminates to field offices;
- updates Worker’s Comp clinic posters for the field on the HR intranet and disseminates to the Field annually;
- works with Worker’s Comp clinics to secure appointment information, provide policy number and receive work status reports.
Compliance, Record-keeping and Report Writing:
- Reports new hires CADL to DMV to enter into the pull notice program;
- processes DMV reports and pull notices and notifies employees of discrepancies;
- submits new hire reports and unemployment claim information to EDD as warranted;
- conducts background checks for welfare fraud on all employees (OIG);
- verifies new employee license (BBS)
- generates semi-annual and annual reports including EDD quarterly report, and Turnover report for the CHRO, CEO and the Board of Directors;
- Responds to requests for reports from CEO, COO, CFO, Accounting, Office Managers and field Administrators (inclusive of LIC 500 report) as needed.
- Assistance with annual Open Enrollment;
- assists CHRO with special projects and the Human Resources Department staff as requested;
- performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- B.A. Degree preferably in Human Resources management or related field.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience in H.R.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, power point, share point, HRIS systems.
- Ability to interface and work well with diverse staff, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Organization skills, communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Prior work experience in a not-for-profit setting.
- Experience in a multi-site organization.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report) if required to drive for this position.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: HR Generalist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US