Cottage Manager for Residential Services
Location: Turlock, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10776
Position Title: STRTP Cottage Manager
Helping boys; help themselves has been our call to action for more than 30 years. Aspiranet is looking for motivated individuals who can provide structure, mentor, and inspire our young people as they work through their life challenges.
In 1987, Aspiranet Residential Services was founded to provide a structured, nurturing and caring environment for young people from throughout California. Located on eleven acres just outside of Turlock California, Aspiranet’s main campus has stood as a beacon of hope for thousands of young men.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s residential program is home to young men ages 10-18. The Cottage Manager works collaboratively with our youth, parents, social workers and clinical staff to implement a strength based and trauma informed plan to assist our youth on their path to a brighter future. As a Cottage Manager, you will oversee one of eight cottages and will supervise a team of thirteen Youth Care Professionals (YCPs). Your primary responsibility is to provide oversight and leadership related to the care and supervision of six to eight youth.
For decades, the Residential program has had a direct and significant impact on reuniting youth with their families. Cottage Managers have the opportunity to be part of a grounded program with a stellar reputation in the residential community. Residential works to reunite youth-in-crisis with their families through counseling, and psychiatric treatment, in a small family-like environment. Your role as the primary caregiver will impact our youth for a lifetime. This just might be the toughest job you’ll ever love.
Shift Schedule: Sunday - Wednesday / 44 hours weekly
Your Skills and Duties
- Responsible for the daily running of a Cottage, while supervising, protecting and caring for 6-8 youth, as well as the supervision of assigned YCP staff.
- You will coordinate activities, appointments, meal preparation, medication distribution and progress documentation.
- You will be responsible for resident transportation, vehicle and cottage safety inspections and must be able to actively participate and supervise recreational activities, including sports.
- You will be responsible for incident report documentation, scheduling of other YCP staff, youth inventory tracking and for upholding and supervising to the agencies quality standards, personnel and practice rules, policies and procedures.
- You will be rotate 24/7 on-call responsibility with seven other cottage managers for up to 4 assigned cottages and you will be responsible to respond to the cottages in need of support after hours.
- You must demonstrate responsibility, sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences and perform additional duties as assigned by the Cottage Manager.
Education & Work Experience
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in a related field preferred or
- Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit or
- Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or
- Have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or
- Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or
- Have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journey person who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or
- Have relevant life experience in the child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice systems as a consumer, mentor, or caregiver or other relevant experience as determined by the department
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and regulatory body; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: $48,000 - $52,000 DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Residential
Community / Marketing Title: Cottage Manager for Residential Services
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US