Youth Care Professional- Lead
Location: Turlock, California US
Requisition Number: 10646
Position Title: Youth Care Professional - Lead
Helping boys; help themselves has been our call to action for more than 30 years. Aspiranet is looking for motivated individuals who can provide structure, mentor, and inspire our young people as they work through their life challenges.
In 1987, Aspiranet Residential Services was founded to provide a structured, nurturing and caring environment for young people from throughout California. Located on eleven acres just outside of Turlock California, Aspiranet’s main campus has stood as a beacon of hope for thousands of young men.
Shift schedule: Wed.-Sat. 52 hours weekly
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s residential program is home to young men ages 10-18. The YCPL works collaboratively with our youth, parents, social workers and clinical staff to implement a strength based and trauma informed plan to assist our youth on their path to a brighter future. As a YPC you will assigned to one of eight cottages. Your primary responsibility as YCPL is to provide the day-to-day care and supervision of six to eight youth in your cottage and serve as the Lead YCP acting as the supervisor in the absence of the Cottage Manager.
For decades, the Residential program has had a direct and significant impact on reuniting youth with their families. Cottage Managers have the opportunity to be part of a grounded program with a stellar reputation in the residential community. Residential works to reunite youth-in-crisis with their families through counseling, and psychiatric treatment, in a small family-like environment. Your role as the primary caregiver will impact our youth for a lifetime. This just might be the toughest job you’ll ever love..
Your Skills and Duties
- Responsible for supervising, protecting and caring for ARS youth individually and in groups during their placement
- Responsible for youth activity supervision, problem solving, crisis de-escalation and report documentation
- Responsible for child abuse reporting, inventory tracking, medication distribution and upholding and supervising to agencies operational, financial, personnel and practice rules, policies and procedures
- Responsible for the daily supervising, protecting and caring for 6-8 youth, as well as the supervision of assigned YCP staff.
- You will assist with activities, appointments, meal preparation, medication distribution and progress documentation.
- You may be responsible for resident transportation, vehicle and cottage safety inspections and must be able to actively participate and supervise recreational activities, including sports.
- You will be responsible for incident report documentation
- You must demonstrate responsibility, sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences and perform additional duties as assigned by the Cottage Manager.
Education & Work Experience
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in a related field preferred or
- Have a valid Child Development Teaching Permit or
- Have completed 12 semester units of Early Childhood Education, Adolescent Development, or Foster and Kinship Care Education and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or
- Have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or
- Have a valid certificate as an Alcohol Counselor, Drug Counselor or Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or
- Have a valid Vocational Training certificate, credential or documentation demonstrating that the individual is a trade journey person who instructs children in vocational skills and have at least 100 hours of experience working with youth or
- Have relevant life experience in the child welfare, mental health or juvenile justice systems as a consumer, mentor, or caregiver or other relevant experience as determined by the department
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and regulatory body; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Residential
Community / Marketing Title: Youth Care Professional- Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US