Administrative Assistant (Bilingual Spanish)
Location: Salinas, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 13177
Position Title: Administrative Assistant I
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based, and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offer assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Administrative Assistant I provides general office clerical support to the program. Major responsibilities include data entry, management of program records/files and front office coverage
Your Skills and Duties
- Perform data entry duties.
- Provide front office/reception coverage including answering phones and greeting clients.
- Order and keep supplies stocked.
- Support program events by helping with scheduling, registration, set-up/clean-up
- Check and respond to emails; write basic email correspondence.
- Conduct filing and complete annual archiving of files.
- Review and process invoices.
- Use photocopier to scan and photocopy documents.
- Receive and distribute office mail; initiate and process overnight shipping and deliveries.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Maintain office appearance and perform general maintenance of facilities.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Proficient verbal communication skills are required in both English and Spanish
Education and Work Experience
- One (1) year of experience in clerical office procedures preferred.
- Basic aptitude in Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet specified task deadlines.
- Competent in operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a multi-functional machine (copier/fax/printer/scanner), computer, etc.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Department of Justice (DOJ) Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report) if required to drive for this position.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, producing timely work to required – or higher – standards, and team collaboration for successful job completion.
- Flexibility: Perform a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Customer Service: Anticipating, meeting and/or exceeding customer needs, wants, and expectations in accordance with high Agency standards
- Attention to Detail: Proficient organizational skills to monitor adherence to standards and actively check for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on.
- Teamwork: Working effectively and productively with others. Building cooperation among individuals and departments, building rapport, sharing information and resources, and working to collaboratively achieve group goals and outcomes.
Flexible Time Off
- 13 paid holidays along with 10 vacation and 10 sick days
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- A 100% fully employer paid (premium) medical and dental benefit plan
- TelaDoc® employer paid telehealth program
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical and dependent care plans
- 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plan with employer contributions
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital gap plan
Training and Advancement
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Employee assistance program
- Free confidential crisis line 24/7 (365 days a year)
- Six (6) face-to-face or telephonic sessions per issue
- Commuter program and mileage reimbursement
- Employee recognition and discount programs
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant (Bilingual Spanish)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salinas, California US