Accounts Payable Clerk
Location: South San Francisco, CA, USA
Requisition Number: 13156
Position Title: Accounts Payable
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Accounts Payable Clerk provides the basic processing of all vendor invoices, including invoice data entry, check writing, proper accounts posting, and meeting established payment deadlines, both internal and external according to established schedules.
Your Skills and Duties
- Opens/sorts all A/P related mail and date stamps all vendor invoices received.
- Prints all A/P invoices and payment requests transmitted by agency branch personnel.
- Researches vendor information regarding accounts, checking for 100% accuracy – verifying addresses, dollar amounts, and ensuring no duplications.
- Communicates with new vendors to obtain their W-9 and Tax ID Letters prior to payment.
- Submits all invoices, payments requests, and petty cash returns to the CEO and CFO, as appropriate, for approval.
- Enters approved invoices into the A/P (AccuFund) System in the correct month.
- Prepares requests to void specific A/P checks and cancels the related invoice in the A/P Accufund System.
- Ensures that all checks are signed before mailing.
- Prepares mailing envelopes (GLS) for all checks needing overnight delivery.
- Assists with audit support and a range of other necessary duties as assigned.
- Meets frequently each week with the A/P Lead to review issues and A/P functions to ensure a smooth flow of processing and troubleshoot any associated problems or concerns.
- Maintains a positive relationship and communication with internal and external vendors on payment status.
- Maintains appropriate business boundaries with staff, foster parents, clients, and community resources.
- Maintains client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Supports and models Aspiranet’s values, represents the Agency in a professional manner, and abides by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Protects organization’s values by keeping information confidential.
Education & Work Experience
- Two years experience in A/P processing (using an automated system).
- Knowledge general accounting principles, A/P invoice processing methods and excellent attention to detail.
- Requires Beginner/Intermediate Level – Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Requires good math aptitude and attention to detail, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Requires familiarity using Accounting Software related to Accounts Payable functions.
- Desires to learn operation of an automated General Ledger with multiple divisions.
- Ability to perform under pressure in an environment of competing interests, prioritize work and maintain open communications with a diverse group of individuals.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, and clean driving record.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US