0-5 Childcare Aide (Part Time) Bilingual Spanish
Location: Brentwood, CA 94513, USA
Requisition Number: 12985
Position Title: Child Care Worker Level I
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner, and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage, and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offer assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Child Care Worker I is primarily responsible for supervising, protecting, and caring for First 5 youth individually and in groups at all times. Major responsibilities include providing supervision of youth and supporting youth in participating in planned activities.
Your Skills and Duties
- Supervise youth, including the youth’s readiness for assessments, recreational activities, etc.
- Work in coordination with Center team members to implement the youth’s service plan.
- Document youth behaviors and incidents, if appropriate.
- Complete youth intake and discharge, including screenings.
- Assist center youth with personal and hygiene care according to their developmental age.
- Report in a timely manner any concerns regarding the physical plant.
- Maintain site to an agency, funder, and licensing standards.
- Complete shift tasks related to site compliance.
- Prepare meals and snacks provided to youth.
- Attend required meetings and training.
- Maintain youth and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Weekends and evening working hours will be required during certain events at the center.
- Excellent verbal communication skills are required in both English and Spanish.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of tasks, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities, and tasks may change at any time with or without notice as directed by management.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma with two years of experience working with children/youth in a similar service.
- Meets all state-required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record, proof of auto insurance.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet and, at all times is within safe OSHA standards.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: 0-5 Childcare Aide (Part Time) Bilingual Spanish
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brentwood, California US