Child Care Worker (On-call)
Location: Concord, California, United States
Requisition Number: 12460
Position Title: Child Care Worker
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Child Care Worker is responsible for the care and supervision of youth during their stay at the Receiving/Assessment Center. Major responsibilities include providing supervision of youth, supporting children in meeting service plan goals, supporting youth in participating in assessments, implementing safety plans, managing medication administration, completing documentation, transporting youth, preparing meals, managing youth’s personal property inventory and maintaining the center in compliance with licensing, the Joint Commission and agency standards.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provide care and supervision to youth
- Utilize interventions in a trauma informed manner to support identified behaviors
- Complete documentation
- Administer medication
- Provide transportation of youth.
- Develop and provide youth-specific activities
- Develop a professional and supportive relationship with youth
- Serve as liaison with nurse and social workers
- Report all incidents and concerns to supervisor
- Attend required meetings, supervisions and trainings
- Maintain Center site
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of tasks, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and tasks may change at any time with or without notice as directed by management.
Education and Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree in social work, psychology or related field with 1 year experience in a child welfare or behavioral health field with children with complex trauma and resultant challenging behaviors. Or 2 full-time years’ experience in a child welfare or behavioral health field with children with complex trauma and resultant challenging behaviors.
- Meets all required conditions of employment as set forth by the agency, funder and or regulatory
- Meets all employment requirements of federal, state, and county regulations.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Child Care Worker (On-call)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Concord, California US