Bilingual Family Support Specialist
Location: Turlock, California, United States
Requisition Number: 12338
Position Title: Family Liaison
Aspiranet serves more than 35,000 California children, youth, and families each year from 44 community-based sites statewide through a spectrum of services, including foster and adoption services, behavioral and mental health services, residential care, educational services, community-based family services, and emergency shelter!
We have an excellent Family Liaison opportunity in our Family and Community Services Program which serves to focus on early intervention, preparing children for their futures, strengthening parenting and life skills, and connecting families with networks of support within their communities. Aspiranet provides an early support system to help prevent child abuse and neglect.
Aspiranet’s Family & Community programs include home visits to children and their families, interaction at our facilities throughout California, including several First Five Centers in Contra Costa County and Family Resource Centers in the Central Valley. Welcome Home Baby provides support to brand new parents throughout the first two years of their child’s life, highlighting developmental stages and teaching parents how to cope.
The Family Liaison is responsible for providing family centered-support, assistance, and referrals as determined by the families using a strengths based model of assessment and case management. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the Family Liaison coordinates with contract agency personnel to identify families in need of family advocacy and support services.
Your Skills and Duties
- Conduct community home visits to identify and assess family needs and barriers to structure communication with resource agencies and referrals to support services
- Develop and maintain positive communication and working relationships with referring/placing and collaborative partner agencies.
- Provide required written and/or verbal communication with Agency and contractors.
- Complete own administrative paperwork including but not limited to: general data entry, timesheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- Experience working with children and families in a social services (ie: Differential Response) or group facilitator/educational setting
- Education or experience in working with resource agencies, obtaining services, and advocating for the needs of children and families
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Experience with community outreach or educational outreach
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Bilingual Family Support Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US