Child Care Worker 3pm-11pm shift
Location: Salinas, California, United States
Requisition Number: 12286
Position Title: Child Care Worker
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
The Child Care Worker is responsible for the care and supervision of youth during their stay at the Receiving/Assessment Center. Major responsibilities include providing supervision of youth, supporting children in meeting service plan goals, supporting youth in participating in assessments, implementing safety plans, managing medication administration, completing documentation, transporting youth, preparing meals, managing youth’s personal property inventory and maintaining the center in compliance with licensing, the Joint Commission and agency standards.
Your Skills and Duties
- Supervise youth, including the youth’s readiness for assessments, recreational activities, etc.
- Work in coordination with Center team members to implement youth’s service plan.
- Identify possible youth needs for additional professional services and communicate such findings in the shift exchange.
- Document youth behaviors and incidents.
- Complete youth intake and discharge, including screenings.
- Administer prescribed medication per standards.
- Document administration of prescribed medication according to agency and licensing standards in a timely manner.
- Assist center youth with personal and hygiene care according to their developmental age.
- Report in a timely manner any concerns regarding the physical plant.
- Maintain site to agency, funder, licensing standards.
- Complete shift tasks related to site compliance.
- Perform shift responsibilities as indicated in the Communication Log
- or utilize the shift exchange to inform other staff of youth issues.
- Provide transportation to youth.
- Prepare meals and snacks provided to youth.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
- Model Aspirant’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, youth, funders and community resources.
- Maintain youth and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of tasks, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and tasks may change at any time with or without notice as directed by management.
- High School Diploma with two years’ experience working with children/youth in a similar service.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record, proof of auto insurance.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
- 12 annual paid holidays
- Paid birthday holiday
- 10 Paid sick days your first year
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (including an employer paid option)
- Flexible healthcare spending accounts
- 401 (a) and 403 (b) retirement plans
- Life Insurance
- Short &Long Term Disability
- Employee Wellness Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Child Care Worker 3pm-11pm shift
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salinas, California US