Child Care Worker - Overnight (Part Time)
Multiple Locations: Concord, California, United States • Antioch, California, United States
Requisition Number: 12212
Position Title: Child Care Worker
$600 Signing Bonus
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
The Child Care Worker is responsible for the care and supervision of youth during their stay at the Receiving/Assessment Center. Major responsibilities include providing supervision of youth, supporting children in meeting service plan goals, supporting youth in participating in assessments, implementing safety plans, managing medication administration, completing documentation, transporting youth, preparing meals, managing youth’s personal property inventory and maintaining the center in compliance with licensing, the Joint Commission and agency standards.
Your Skills and Duties
Provide care and supervision to youth
- Utilize interventions in a trauma informed manner to support identified behaviors
- Complete documentation
- Administer medication
- Provide transportation of youth.
- Develop and provide youth-specific activities
- Develop a professional and supportive relationship with youth
- Serve as liaison with nurse and social workers
- Report all incidents and concerns to supervisor
- Attend required meetings, supervisions and trainings
- Maintain Center site
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of tasks, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and tasks may change at any time with or without notice as directed by management.
- BA or BS degree in social work, psychology or related field with 1 year experience in a child welfare or behavioral health field with children with complex trauma and resultant challenging behaviors. Or 2 full-time years’ experience in a child welfare or behavioral health field with children with complex trauma and resultant challenging behaviors.
- Meets all required conditions of employment as set forth by the agency, funder and or regulatory
- Meets all employment requirements of federal, state, and county regulations.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
- 12 annual paid holidays
- Paid birthday holiday
- 10 Paid sick days your first year
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision (including an employer paid option)
- Flexible healthcare spending accounts
- 401 (a) and 403 (b) retirement plans
- Life Insurance
- Short &Long Term Disability
- Employee Wellness Program
- Mileage Reimbursement
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Child Care Worker - Overnight (Part Time)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Concord, California US