Bilingual Social Worker
Location: Camarillo, California, United States
Requisition Number: 12147
Position Title: RFA SW - Home Study Writer
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, and support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
The RFA SW - Home Study Writer completes psychosocial assessments for families and compiles information into a written report. Additionally, the RFA SW – Home Study Writer provides training, education and support to families, and supports case plan objectives for children who are Child Welfare dependents in California.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s foster care and adoption agency has been a leader in providing services to children and families in California for over 45 years. Aspiranet strives to connect children to safe, caring relationships that can last a lifetime. We prepare and approve skilled and caring parents; guiding them in becoming a healing resource to the children in their care. We work in partnership with our families by providing ongoing support, training and monitoring until children are able to reunify with their families. When returning home is not an option, we partner with children and families to develop a plan for life long connections that may include adoption. In working with our families our goal is always the same – to maximize opportunities for the best possible outcomes. The difference you make in your daily work can change lives.
Your Skills and Duties
1. Conduct a home environment assessment, psychosocial assessment, and prepare a Written Report per agency and county guidelines and in accordance with California Department of Social Service (CDSS) and Community Care Licensing (CCL) regulations.
2. Evaluate historical, social, and economic factors pertaining to individuals and incorporate an assessment of an applicant’s mental health and substance abuse history in to the psychosocial assessment report, as it relates to risk.
3. Facilitate the collection, completion, and review of all required documentation and verifications required for a psychosocial assessment as per agency guidelines or county contract, and in accordance with CDSS regulations.
4. Be certified to conduct SAFE home studies, per agency policy or county contract expectation.
5. Complete interviews of all adults and children in the family’s home that is being assessed in a way that engages Resource Families to build rapport and establish trust.
6. Provide support, education, and resource linkage as needed to individuals and couples during the assessment process.
7. Provide education and specific information on such topics as Adoption Assistance Program (AAP), AAP eligible children, nonrecurring adoption expenses and community resources as per CDSS regulatory dictates to prospective adoptive families.
8. Present psychosocial assessment and home study reports to Core Program Director for approval.
9. Ability to assess and identify children who have been abused, neglected, or maltreated.
10. When assigned, provide on-call emergency services as per agency standards.
11. Report all incidents, complaints and grievances per program, Agency and regulatory guidelines.
12. Conduct and participate in Agency sponsored trainings and special events.
13. Adhere to all program, Agency and regulatory requirements.
14. Participate in scheduled case review, individual and group supervision, and staff/program meetings.
15. Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing, HIPAA, State and Agency standards.
16. Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
17. Perform additional duties as assigned by Core Program Director.
Education & Work Experience
• Master's Degree in social work or social welfare, marriage, family, and child counseling, child psychology, child development, counseling psychology or social psychology; OR Bachelor's Degree in social work or social welfare, marriage, family, and child counseling, child psychology, child development, counseling psychology or social psychology and 2 years of related work experience.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to work closely and develop strong relationships with diverse individuals.
• Effective time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Able to travel to program sites.
• Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and Community Care Licensing for a licensed community care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical. Valid CDL and clean driving record.
Flexible Time Off
- 13 paid holidays along with 10 vacation and 10 sick days
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- A 100% fully employer paid (premium) medical and dental benefit plan
- TelaDoc® employer paid telehealth program
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical and dependent care plans
- 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plan with employer contributions
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital gap plan
Training and Advancement
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Employee assistance program
- Free confidential crisis line 24/7 (365 days a year)
- Six (6) face-to-face or telephonic sessions per issue
- Commuter program and mileage reimbursement
- Employee recognition and discount programs
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Bilingual Social Worker
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Camarillo, California US