Visitation Specialist - Salinas Visitation Center
Location: Salinas, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11746
Position Title: Visitation Specialist
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Visitation Specialist is responsible for the supervision of parent/child visits at the Visitation Center. Major responsibilities include providing supervision of visits, supporting parents in following visitation plans, recording and documenting visits to send to Monterey County Social Workers, interfacing with Monterey County Department of Family and Children's Services, intervening as needed to ensure safety and well-being of youth, and adhering to California judicial standards and the Joint Commission and agency standards.
Your Skills and Duties
- Supervise family visits.
- Work in coordination with Center team members to follow youth’s visitation plan.
- Document in progress notes and record all visits.
- Complete youth intake and discharge, including screenings.
- Report in a timely manner any concerns regarding the physical plant.
- Maintain site to agency, funder, licensing standards.
- Complete shift tasks related to site compliance.
- Attend required meetings and trainings.
- Model Aspirant’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, youth, funders and community resources.
- Maintain youth and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of tasks, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position. Duties, responsibilities and tasks may change at any time with or without notice as directed by management.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an AA degree or equivalent with two years’ experience working with youth in a similar service.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record, proof of auto insurance.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Flexible Time Off
- 13 paid holidays along with 10 vacation and 10 sick days
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- A 100% fully employer paid (premium) medical and dental benefit plan
- TelaDoc® employer paid telehealth program
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical and dependent care plans
- 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plan with employer contributions
- Life, AD&D, and disability insurance
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital gap plan
Training and Advancement
- Ongoing training & development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
Employee assistance program
- Free confidential crisis line 24/7 (365 days a year)
- Six (6) face-to-face or telephonic sessions per issue
- Commuter program and mileage reimbursement
- Employee recognition and discount programs
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Visitation Specialist - Salinas Visitation Center
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salinas, California US