Clinical Supervisor III
Location: Merced, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11645
Position Title: Clinical Supervisor III
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
The Clinical Director III will be part of a strength-based, highly skilled and passionate team of employees that includes a Facilitator, Parent Partner, and Support Counselor. The team utilizes creative problem-solving skills to support this high-risk population and provides intensive home-based support to the families each week.
The Clinical Supervisor III is responsible for supervising and managing counseling services in compliance by local, state and federal regulations from the Departments of Mental Health, Board of Behavioral Science Examiners, and Agency policy and procedures. The Clinical Supervisor III reports to and consults with Core Program Manager/Director to see that quality mental health services are provided. The Clinical Supervisor III is responsible for providing group and individual clinical supervision to program staff. Clinical Supervisor III is responsible for shadowing and training of staff in the field as well as backup mobilization related to crises and on-call matters.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provide required written and/or verbal communications with County Mental Health representatives according to agency policies and state regulations.
- Develop and maintain positive, open communication with staff, clients and referring agencies.
- Responsible for review, support of necessary revisions and approval all reports prior to submission.
- Maintain required documentation, records and reports as outlined by agency policies and procedures and state licensing requirements for Short Doyle Certification and Medi-Cal billing.
- Monitor quality and timeliness of supervisee’s work with clients and families.
- Coordinate and oversee monthly chart audits; reviewing charts for compliance and accountability.
- Oversee the preparation of reports in response to audits including plans of corrections.
- Conduct and document weekly group case review with supervisee’s.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with supervisor.
- Attend and come prepared to meetings, supervision, etc.
- Provide crisis support to program staff and clients and their families.
- Provide back up after hours on-call support which includes mobilization.
- Provide clinical direction that is in alignment with Agency’s practice standards and Board of Behavioral Examiners regulations.
- Provide weekly supervision to the Clinical Supervisors and/or Licensed Independent Practitioner’s.
- Provide clinical and group supervision to program staff as assigned by the CPM/CPD.
- Provide individual clinical supervision to clinician(s) and other hours accruing hours towards licensure in compliance with the BBS standards and regulations.
- Under the direction of CPM/CPD, recruit, orient, supervise and evaluate program staff.
- Provide supervision and training to program staff; which includes in vivo field based supervision, live shadowing, modeling and support.
- Complete own administrative paperwork on time (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.).
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Represent self and Agency in a professional manner.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff and program management.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- Master’s Degree as defined in the Health and Safety Code, Sections 1506 (e) (f).
- California Licensed Marriage Family Therapist or Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor or Psychologist with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS).
- Meets the BBS qualifications to provide clinical supervision.
- Ability to develop and provide training.
- Ability to supervise to evidence based practices utilized by the agency.
- Two years’ experience with high risk youth and families; plus a minimum of three years’ experience providing clinical supervision to staff in the field of family or child mental health or related field.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and county regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Supervisor III
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Merced, California US