Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11549
Position Title: HR Payroll Specialist I
Are you interested in being part of positive changes for children and families? Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted care provider helping families thrive by offering a unique blend of services including foster youth and family support, adoption services, mental health services, residential services, intensive home-based services, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people!
About the Opportunity
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for payroll administration and serve as an important business partner to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with payroll and timekeeping. You’ll also perform reporting, support audits, conduct outreach and education efforts, and participate in exciting related projects. This is a great opportunity to apply and grow your professional skills while making a difference for the lives of children and families in California!
As Payroll Specialist, You Will
- Ensure payroll is processed accurately in line with procedures, regulations, and deadlines.
- Process all payroll transactions including final checks, pay changes, bonuses, mileage reimbursements, and garnishments.
- Audit and reconcile payroll data prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Administer and follow up to ensure accurate timekeeping system records.
- Provide consultation to staff and resolve all payroll and timekeeping inquiries.
- Respond to federal, state, and/or city agencies requests.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end processes.
- Prepare payroll reports and perform payroll analysis as required.
- Provide new hire orientation on payroll and timekeeping procedures.
- Write and/or update payroll policies and procedures.
- Maintain the Payroll SharePoint website.
- Administer year-end updates to codes and cost centers in Payroll systems.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll requirements.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
At this time we are seeking candidates who are able and willing to work on-site as needed and once we return to the office.
Education and Work Experience
- Degree from an accredited college/university, OR a minimum of two (2) years of Payroll experience.
- Strong knowledge of general payroll practices, check calculations and California wage and labor codes.
- Ability to apply math skills with knowledge of policies and regulations to accurately calculate payroll, wages, taxes, withholdings, accruals, and related calculations.
- Proficient with HRIS/payroll systems and Microsoft Office Suite; must have excellent Excel skills inclusive of pivot tables and V-look ups.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with employees, management and vendors.
- Strong administrative skills, including organization skills with strict attention to detail and accuracy, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and work well in teams to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to react to change productively and multi-task other work as assigned.
- Must be highly detail-oriented, highly technical in nature, and have the ability to research and interpret data.
- Prior work experience in a not-for-profit setting
- Experience processing payroll for a multi-site organization
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report) if required to drive for this position.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Payroll Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US