Social Worker Intake
Location: Turlock, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11541
Position Title: Social Worker
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Intake Coordinator oversees and manages the referral & intake screening of youth referred for Aspiranet’s STRTP services. Responsible for maintaining timely and high-quality standards of care. The Intake Coordinator upholds Aspiranet’s mission to provide children, youth, and families with a foundation of support and services so they can succeed at home, at school, and in their communities.
Your Skills & Duties
- Conduct referral / intake screening & assessment of youth referred for STRTP services.
- Screen calls for and schedule intake appointments.
- Interview youth and/or placement worker, or CFT members to determine admission eligibility.
- Follow up with all referral sources.
- Maintain and/or establish new community-based organization relations for referrals.
- Make recommendations to the Multi-Disciplinary Team for a youth’s admission.
- Develop a thorough, written intake summary that includes reason(s) for referral, behavioral/emotional problems, dangerous propensities, current/past diagnosis, immediate needs/safety concerns, medication, medical history, etc.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments for enrollment and day one activities.
- Coordinate with placement committee to determine disposition.
- Complete and review intake packet with Multi-Disciplinary Team at weekly case review
- Coordinate planning and seeking referrals for youth’s transfer or termination.
- Maintain documentation on all applicants for STRTP in accordance with Federal, State, County, and agency guidelines.
- Oversee the development and maintain an on-going list of community resources for referrals and linkages
- Completes intake paperwork and scans/upload documents to EHR systems and/or WCM.
- Provide reports on contract compliance activities and program outcomes
- Attend seminars, conferences, and trainings relative to STRTP and trauma informed skills necessary for a position of leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Work Experience
- Masters Degree in a related field required.
Licensing and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and regulatory body; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Residential
Community / Marketing Title: Social Worker Intake
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US