Location: Camarillo, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11503
Position Title: Compliance Specialist
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Compliance Specialist is responsible for improving overall quality and completeness of clinical records. Providing concurrent and retrospective clinical record reviews applying utilization, quality, and risk management services. Providing on-going support to staff with compliance expectations associated with documentation and billing.
Your Skills and Duties
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to identify trends or problem areas.
- Experience working in a Windows® based environment including communications software using remote and file transfer protocols.
- Experience with ICD-9 or ICD-10 medical coding preferred but not required
- Understanding of HIPAA preferred
- Flexibility to manage the assigned workload in order to meet task deadlines
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience and knowledge operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a copier, and printer
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and to effectively communicate findings.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and regulatory body; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Intensive Home-Based Services
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Camarillo, California US