Location: Turlock, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11260
Position Title: Recreational Activities Coordinator
Helping boys; help themselves has been our call to action for more than 30 years. Aspiranet is looking for motivated individuals who can provide structure, mentor, and inspire our young people as they work through their life challenges.
In 1987, Aspiranet Residential Services was founded to provide a structured, nurturing and caring environment for young people from throughout California. Located on eleven acres just outside of Turlock California, Aspiranet’s main campus has stood as a beacon of hope for thousands of young men.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s residential program is home to young men ages 10-18. The Recreational Activities Coordinator is primarily responsible for supervising, protecting and caring for Aspiranet Residential Services residents individually and in groups at all times. Major responsibilities include resident activity supervision and planning, problem-solving, discipline documentation, and safety monitoring.
For decades, the Residential program has had a direct and significant impact on reuniting youth with their families. The Recreational Activities Coordinator will have the opportunity to be part of a grounded program with a stellar reputation in the residential community. Residential works to reunite youth-in-crisis with their families through counseling, and psychiatric treatment, in a small family-like environment. Your role as the primary caregiver will impact our youth for a lifetime. This just might be the toughest job you’ll ever love.
Your Skills and Duties
- Develop recreational activity plan on a monthly basis within the assigned budget
- Organize and obtain the necessary resources to carry out the approved recreational
- Evaluate recreational activities, including input from other staff and residents, and submit recreational plans to the Assistant Regional Director for
- Administer discipline and set limits for
- Provide notation of child's progress, identify possible need for professional services and communicate such findings to professional
- Ensure appropriate supervision of residents during all recreational
- Ensure adequate staffing for all
- Attend required staff meetings, training sessions and briefings on current
- Report any and all possible or actual violations of State and Agency regulations to Assistant Regional Director including mandated reporting of suspected child
- Utilize staff logs and Agency Incident Report forms to document disciplinary incidents indicating offense/problem and disciplinary action
- Represent self and Agency in a professional
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Assistant Regional
Education & Work Experience
- A. Degree in a discipline approved by Community Care Licensing is preferred, but equivalent training and experience will be considered.
- Two years’ experience in planning and supervising recreational activities is
- Fifteen units of college work related to child development and/or behavior management of
- Valid California Driver's license, proof of auto insurance and a driving record acceptable to the Agency's insurance
- Assistant Regional Director may waive specific educational and/or experience except State licensing
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and regulatory body; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: $17.00 DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Job Category: Residential
Community / Marketing Title: Activities Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US