Program Assistant Family Resource Center
Location: Concord, California US
Requisition Number: 11122
Position Title: Program Assistant Family Resource Ctr
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Program Assistant, under the supervision of the Center Director is responsible for assisting in program development and implementing quality ECE and support programming for parents and children in the form of classes, activities, and events.; other duties as needed. This position participates in trainings, staff meetings, and events, as needed.
Your Skills and Duties
- Coordinates and supports sub-contracted program providers and support staff (translation, childcare etc.).
- Assists with program planning and Center calendar development.
- Monitors and coordinates attendance, client satisfaction, data collection and evaluation activities;
- Maintains networking relationships with the local community
- Supports Center registration process from start to finish
- Creates and provides daily family literacy, tobacco education, early learning opportunities, and parent education classes
- Creates and provides pre-k transition programming that includes parent education and parent-child interactive classes that simulate preschool experiences. Programming designed to help families’ transition children to high-quality preschool programs
- Creates monthly story time activities and other early learning workshops
- Complete all monthly program documentation in a timely fashion
- Creates ice breakers for families at the beginning of classes to encourage a sense of community.
- Provides support to families who come to the Center and communicate with families as necessary to facilitate consistent attendance at classes.
- Follows-up with families who have indicated a desire to participate on class sign-up sheets
- Participates in trainings, staff meetings, and other events as appropriate
- Connects with local preschools, office of education, and other professionals in the preschool field to stay current with pre-k trends, issues, and educational strategies
- Researches new programs based on target population needs
- Meet weekly with Center Director for supervision.
- As part of team, participates in other Center related activities.
- Develops and maintain positive communication and working relationships with referring/placing and collaborative partner agencies.
- Completes own administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Maintains client and case confidentiality per Agency standards.
- Supports and models Aspiranet’s values, represent the agency in a professional manner, and abide by the agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Center Director
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of A.A. degree, (12) twelve Early Childhood Education units
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, but not required
- Proven knowledge and/or experience of basic early childhood development principles and practices
- Experience working with infant & toddlers and/or preschool age children
- Ability to submit lesson plans in accordance with the First 5 program guidelines and approval process
- Ability to develop effective relationships with young children, parents/caregivers, and community members of diverse populations
- Experience in working in a learning environment with adults and children second-language learners, and knowledge of second-language teaching strategies
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Program Assistant Family Resource Center
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Concord, California US