Human Resources Assistant
Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 11117
Position Title: Human Resource Assistant
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
Supports the Human Resources Unit/Department in specific areas of HR services from employees “hire to retire”. Specific responsibilities include: department filing, HRIS system data entry, clerical support, benefits, Worker’s Compensation, special projects and related administrative duties.
Your Skills and Duties:
Human Resources File Management:
1) Enters CCL information into the HR intranet’s Reoccurring Reports page;
2) maintains/updates all employee documents;
3) E-files all incoming documents;
4) purges terminated files and archives;
5) copies records as needed;
6) completes/updates I-9 binder;
7) tracks inputs, and maintains Social Worker qualifications per CCL requirements;
8) provides input for improving recording keeping system;
9) conducts employment verifications both over the phone and in writing;
10) monitors the access to employee information in order to safeguard the security and integrity of all employee records
HRIS System Maintenance and Reporting:
1) Runs reports in HRIS system as needed to assist in job function;
2) maintains/updates the management training software and ensures compliance to
Assists with the annual Open Enrollment;
updates ACA requirements in HRIS;
prepares benefit reports as needed.
Safety Coordinator Duties:
Publishes and posts monthly Staff/Safety meeting minutes on intranet Safety site ;
Tracks monthly Safety minutes and training documents and maintains Agency Safety log semiannually;
Develops and updates Safety training on intranet site and updates forms/policies as needed;
1) Distributes/copies forms to employees upon request;
1) Assists with special department projects;
2) Covers for other members of the HR department during absences;
3) Performs other duties as assigned
1. AA degree or equivalent office experience
2. Proficiency with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and Internet navigating capabilities
3. Organizational skills and ability to self-direct
4. Ability to present a professional demeanor and to work well under pressure
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
6. Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
7. Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record
1. Office experience in a HR Department preferred.
2. Experience in a non-profit desired.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Human Resources Assistant
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US