Program Manager - Short Term Youth Shelter
Location: Salinas, California US
Requisition Number: 11107
Position Title: Core Program Manager II
As Program Manager for Aspiranet’s Salinas Short-Term Child and Youth Shelter, you will use your passion, experience, and leadership skills to lead staff with meeting the needs of at-risk youth who have been removed from caregivers, have had placement disruptions, or who have experienced complex trauma, while ensuring the center meets licensing and operational requirements.
You will perform challenging and rewarding work that leverages your experience working with youth with complex trauma as well as your leadership skills with managing the overall operations and staff at the center. Your primary responsibilities include the following:
- Overseeing the practice and operations of the Aspiranet Short-Term Child and Youth Shelter
- Supervising shift supervisors, master-level clinicians, and an administrative assistant
- Training, developing, and coaching staff on approaches and best practices to support youth with informed interventions to manage challenging behaviors (being oppositional, defiant, verbally and physically aggressive, etc.)
- Establishing and leveraging quality measures to drive performance and to ensure effective and efficient operations of the center
- Managing the center’s programs and operations to agency, county and state, and applicable regulatory requirements
- Serving as liaison with funder and other collaborative center partners
- Aspiranet is dedicated to supporting your success at every step. We provide ongoing training and career development opportunities that allow you to receive credit toward your licensure as you’re working, while preparing you for advancement opportunities throughout our network of offices in California. Your future is bright at Aspiranet!
- Aspiranet offers a competitive salary and a great benefits package that includes employer-paid healthcare, dental, vision and wellness care, paid holidays, vacation, basic life insurance, and retirement savings and flexible spending accounts.
- The work that you do is truly meaningful and rewarding. You get to work in an exceptional team-based environment whiling engaging and making a clear positive impact and difference for the youth and families that you serve!
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or a related field
- One (1) year of management experience
- Residential care experience and/or experience with providing youth and family counseling and support services desired
- Must be able to pass a Live Scan background screening and a physical exam.
- Valid California driver’s license with clean DMV driving record to travel to and from client sites as needed
Founded in 1975, the mission of Aspiranet is to provide children, youth and families with a foundation of support and services so they can succeed at home, school and in their communities. Aspiranet provides a unique blend of services including mental health, behavioral health and foster care services through six core programs that impact more than 35,000 children, youth and parents annually at 33 community-based sites throughout California!
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager - Short Term Youth Shelter
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salinas, California US