Intervention Specialist - Community Based
Location: Antioch, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11099
Position Title: Intervention Specialist
Join Aspiranet and find a career your heart will love. You’ll be part of a vibrant team making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families every day.
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and service provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family and residential care, adoption, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health, intensive home-based supports, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
The FFSN Intervention Specialist will be part of a strength based, highly skilled and passionate team of employees which include a Developmental Supervisor and Social Worker. The team utilizes applied behavioral analysis tenets to support youth with developmental disabilities and their families. Services are home and community based.
As an Intervention Specialist you will implement a youth specific behavior plan, under the guidance of the Social Worker. In your role as an Intervention Specialist, you will support behavioral change through interventions that might include removing excessive or provocative stimulation, offering choices, adjusting the environment or the demands on the child, control of external stimuli, including removal of antecedent events, reinforcement for absence of behavior and/or reinforcing desirable behavior, redirection, ignoring undesirable behavior, relaxation, choice making skills, and communication skills for making requests. You will transfer skills to parents and caretakers so that they can continue providing successful interventions and incentives for ongoing desired behaviors. We meet families at their most vulnerable times, build on their strengths and respect the family’s voice and choice. By doing so, we prevent out of home care, families can stay together, and youth can enjoy the benefits of growing within their family.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provides field-based support to youth in their home or community settings.
- Implement interventions to support sustainable behavioral changes.
- Role model alternative strategies for caregivers and youth.
- Collaborate with team on youth and family behavior plan.
- Completion of documentation and required trainings.
Education & Work Experience
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience working with youth with developmental disabilities.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, to accommodate the needs of the clients.
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Intensive Home-Based Services
Community / Marketing Title: Intervention Specialist - Community Based
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antioch, California US