Support Counselor II / Parent Partner
Location: Camarillo, California, United States
Requisition Number: 11044
Position Title: Support Counselor II/Parent Partner
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Support Counselor II/Parent Partner (SCII/PP) is responsible for implementing identified components of the approved plan. Major responsibilities include working one-on-one with youth and care provider in their home or community setting, providing interventions in support of identified behaviors and role modeling for the caregiver and other family members how to work with youth per the plan. As a valued child/youth and family team member, the SCII/PP will submit progress notes and provide feedback on interventions to the rest of the Aspiranet team.
Your Skills & Duties
1) Meet with youth and caregiver per program and plan requirements.
2) Implement interventions as outlined in the plan.
3) Transfer skills to caregiver and others who are caring for the youth.
4) Meet weekly with Program Supervisor for review of caseload and to discuss problems, concerns, and progress regarding each case.
5) Meet weekly with Clinical Supervisor and other Support Counselors and Parent Partners to discuss problems unique to this role.
6) Provide support to youth and care providers which aide youth in reducing maladaptive behaviors.
7) Provide transportation when necessary and approved by Supervisor for service plan activities and appointments.
8) Make professional and/or community resource referrals as indicated.
9) Provide parenting education skills training for parents and/or implement behavioral interventions with youth to support treatment plan goals.
10) Conduct therapeutic sessions with youth and caregiver.
11) Attend treatment team meetings when indicated
12) Maintain a consistent schedule in working with youth and families.
13) Develop a professional and supportive relationship with youth, families, referring parties, collaborative partners and community providers.
14) Complete timely progress notes to program and funder standards.
15) Maintain productivity standards, when indicated.
16) Integrate and use training information provided by the agency.
17) Report all incidents and program concerns to Supervisor in a timely manner.
18) Attend required meetings, training sessions, supervision, briefings and program activities.
19) Ensure appropriate and safe conditions while working with youth and caregivers.
20) Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
21) Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, caregivers, youth and community resources.
22) Maintain client and case confidentiality per HIPAA, state and Agency standards.
23) Complete own administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, daily logs & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) accurately and on time.
24) Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
25) Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education & Work Experience
- BA or BS degree in a related field
- Personal experience with students and families in navigating mental health, social services, probation, special education, and/or substance abuse treatment systems.
- Education or experience in obtaining services and advocating for the needs of clients
and their families.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report)
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and county regulations by periodic sanction checks
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Intensive Home-Based Services
Community / Marketing Title: Support Counselor II / Parent Partner
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Camarillo, California US