Billing Specialist Accounts Receivable
Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 11000
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Clerk
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Accounts Receivable Clerk is responsible for maintaining a neat, organized and accessible customer A/R filing system and a current customer file maintenance system, both according to established procedures. Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the A/R Clerk coordinates with agency staff and referring agency representatives to ensure payments are received.
Your Skills and Duties
- Record, bank and key all cash receipts; make A/R adjustments when necessary, reflecting any changes in adjusted days of care.
- Post receipts of A/R payments on a deposit basis.
- Maintain an organized over payments file.
- Develop communicative relationships with referring agency representative enabling collection of outstanding A/R.
- Maintain Agency- Certified Home agreements and Agency-Group Home agreements in a financial file to assure timely receipt of monies and disbursement of funds.
- Monthly, prepare a report of missing Agency-Certified Home agreements and Agency-Group Home agreements.
- Maintain resident accounts.
- Understand computer system in conjunction with the accounts receivable function.
- Represent self and Agency in a professional manner.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, Foster Parents, clients and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Financial Manager.
Education and Work Experience
- Two years experience in P/R, A/P and A/R processing, one of which must be on an automated system (refers to A/P and A/R only).
- Knowledge of both personnel-related functions and general accounting principles, A/P and A/R invoicing methods and aging processes.
- Requires good math aptitude and attention to detail, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Requires experience in federal or state government funding in a non-profit environment.
- Ability to deal with government accounting representatives in resolving collection issues.
- Desire to learn operation of an automated General Ledger with multiple divisions, including maintenance of Chart of Accounts through monthly financial statements.
- Ability to move from a task-oriented mode of operation towards a relatively unstructured and process-oriented position which deals with a large number of financial variables.
- Ability to perform under pressure in an environment of competing interests, prioritize work and maintain open communications with a diverse group of individuals.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Billing Specialist Accounts Receivable
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US