Accounting File Clerk
Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10995
Position Title: File Clerk
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The File Clerk provides general file support to the program. Major responsibilities include data entry of client information, managing client files, maintenance of files. The File Clerk also coordinates with the local program Secretary(s) regarding general administrative functions and back-up assistance as needed.
Your Skills and Duties
- Data entry
- Organize and maintain client filing system
- Update client files (add new materials, archiving outdated or unnecessary materials)
- Create new files as needed
- Preform periodic inspections of files in order to ensure correct placement, legibility and proper condition
- Assist Quality Assurance with overall file management
- Fax consents and releases to Attorney for appropriate signature gathering
- Ensure The Joint Commission accreditation file standards are maintained
- Archiving of exited client files (monthly and annually)
- Perform scanning and copy jobs as needed
- Clean and stock copy room
- Cover the Reception desk as a backup
- Confirm and distribute the daily calendar
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundary areas with staff, partners, clients and community resources.
- Represent Agency in a professional manner.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the District Director.
Education & Work Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in a Windows- based environment including communications software using remote and file transfer protocols.
- Excellent verbal and written communications kills
- Flexibility to manage the assigned workload in order to meet task deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Experience and knowledge operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a copier, fax, postage meter, printer and etc.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then ASPIRAnet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Accounting File Clerk
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US