Program Director II
Location: Long Beach, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10981
Position Title: Core Program Director II
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
Under the supervision of the Core Division Director, the CPD II provides operational oversight on pooled/shared activities (supervision of shared administrative staff, maintenance of shared equipment and space, manage site compliance issues related to TJC, etc.) and maintain operational, fiscal and programmatic oversight of one or more identified core programs. The CPD II works with staff, community agencies, and other entities to provide quality services.
Your Skills and Duties
- Supervise and manage pooled/shared operational matters within approved budget distribution percentages and agency policy and procedures.
- Work in partnership with the CPD I on shared operational issues (distribution of pooled costs, management of administrative staff, maintenance of space, etc.) matters.
- Support localized maintenance of operational Joint Commission safety standards.
- Maintain structured communication and support to all local staff on pooled operational matters.
- Serve as lead representative for the Agency at meetings, events, etc. that are not program specific and keep other Core Program Directors informed.
- Develop local annual core program strategic plan and budget.
- Manage core program to operational, budgetary and practice standards.
- Manage adherence to Joint Commission and agency practice and policy standards.
- Manage the implementation of the agency’s Best Practice and Quality Assurance efforts including compliance to data tracking systems and program specific outcome measurements..
- Operate programing within budgetary limits. Complete required financial reporting in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Recruit, hire, orient, train, supervise and develop direct reports per agency guidelines.
- Conduct timely performance evaluations and participate in employee performance management, up to and including termination.
- Advocate for and secure necessary supports for quality implementation of services including
- Written procedures/manuals, training and consultation.
- Manage local core program to the agency, funder and (when relevant) regulatory bodies’ policies and procedures
- Liaison with community, funders, and regulatory bodies.
- Participate in relevant community based decision making and advocacy groups.
- Manage reporting, complaint and grievance procedures in cooperation with agency licensing entities and funders.
- Conduct and ensure the documentation of regular staff meetings.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per federal, state, licensing, agency, funder, requirements.
- Provide back-up on-call and crisis support.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the agency in a professional manner, and abide by the agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, consumers and community partners.
- Complete administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills & other expense reimbursements, weekly recap, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Core Division Director.
Education and Work Experience
- Masters Degree in a discipline approved by the Department of Community Care Licensing.
- Three years of full-time social work or casework employment in the field of family or child welfare services or two years full-time social work or casework employment in a foster family or adoption agency.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Program Director II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: Long Beach
County: Los Angeles
Location_formattedLocationLong: Long Beach, California US