Post Adoption Social Worker
Location: Antioch, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10966
Position Title: Non-FFA Social Worker
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources.
Join Our Mission
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
The mission of the REACH program is to provide comprehensive support services to families, children, and youth in identified geographic areas. The REACH program provides resources, education, advocacy, crisis intervention/counseling and hope to adoptive families. The REACH Social Worker provides comprehensive adoption support services which are inclusive of assessment/intervention services, follow up services, information and referral , support groups for parents and children, training on special needs and adoptive parenting, education and resource linkage, therapeutic counseling, case management services, advocacy, crises intervention, and in home supportive services.
The Reach Post Adoption Social Worker provides support to county partners that promote adoption of children within the foster care system, decreasing the length of time children are in foster care and increasing the number of children that reach permanency outcomes.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s foster care and adoption agency has been a leader in providing services to children and families in California for over 35 years. Aspiranet strives to connect children to safe, caring relationships that can last a lifetime. We prepare and approve skilled and caring parents; guiding them in becoming a healing resource to the children in their care. We work in partnership with our families by providing ongoing support, training and monitoring until children are able to reunify with their families. When returning home is not an option, we partner with children and families to develop a plan for life long connections that may include adoption. In working with our families our goal is always the same – to maximize opportunities for the best possible outcomes. The difference you make in your daily work can change lives.
Your Skills and Duties
• Develop a professional support relationship with children, youth, families, referring Case Managers, Special Education Therapists and community.
• Provide regular case contact and support (training, resources, advocacy, and interventions) to the children, youth and their families as needed to promote permanency.
• Provide preparation and support for adoptive parents and their children as they move through the adoption process.
• Identify and maintain community based relationships that promote effective service delivery to adoptive families and promote increased resource linkage to adoption support,
• Document contacts as per Agency standards.
• Contribute to creation of newletters.
• Adhere to all program, Agency and regulatory requirements and documentation.
• Maintain contact with community professionals involved with children and family to facilitate communication and coordinate services.
• Comply with data collection and outcome reporting as required.
Participate in the development and execution of community based trainings on adoption.
• Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients and community resources.
• Complete administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
• Participate in individual weekly case review, individual and group supervision, and staff meetings.
• Maintain client and case confidentiality per state and Agency standards.
• Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
• Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
• Advocate for clients strengths, abilities and competencies.
• Perform additional duties as assigned Program Director.
Education and Experience
Master's Degree in Social Work or similar discipline.
Adoption experience preferred.
Proficient computer skills including: Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, SharePoint, Internet Explorer.
• Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Post Adoption Social Worker
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antioch, California US