Location: Visalia, California US
Requisition Number: 10897
Position Title: Trainer
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources.
Join Our Mission
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
The Trainer conducts precertification parent training and initial screening for potential foster families and consults with the Core Program Director and/or Supervisor in regards to a families preparedness to move forward in the assessment and screening process.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s foster care and adoption agency has been a leader in providing services to children and families in California for over 35 years. Aspiranet strives to connect children to safe, caring relationships that can last a lifetime. We prepare and approve skilled and caring parents; guiding them in becoming a healing resource to the children in their care. We work in partnership with our families by providing ongoing support, training and monitoring until children are able to reunify with their families. When returning home is not an option, we partner with children and families to develop a plan for life long connections that may include adoption. In working with our families our goal is always the same – to maximize opportunities for the best possible outcomes. The difference you make in your daily work can change lives.
Your Skills and Duties
PT Trainer - $20-24 dollars per hour.
• Coordinate precertification training schedule and conduct precertification trainings as per agency guidelines.
• Assure all necessary training materials are available and prepared in advance.
• Assess potential families throughout the precertification process, discuss progress and concerns with Core Program Director and/or Supervisor, and when directed counsel out families.
• Advocates for the precertification families and/or client’s strengths, abilities and competencies.
• Collect, review, organize and assess precertification paperwork in a timely fashion.
• Effectively prioritize and facilitate families moving from precertification training to certification.
• Develop a professional and supportive relationship with children/youth, families, referring parties, collaborative partners and community.
• Provide case contact and support (training, resources, advocacy, and interventions) to families as needed while engaged in the precertification process.
• Document all contacts per Agency standards.
• Secure required documents to maintain files per Agency, funder and regulatory standards.
• Utilize program database and related reports to meet program standards.
• Respond to and report all incidents, complaints and grievances per program agency regulatory guidelines.
• Adhere to all program, Agency and regulatory requirements.
• Participate in Agency sponsored trainings and special events.
• Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients and community resources.
• Participate in scheduled case review, individual and group supervision, and staff / program meetings.
• Maintain client and case confidentiality as per HIPAA, state and Agency standards.
• Secure and maintain adherence to program consents.
• Accurately complete administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
• Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
• Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by Core Program Director/Manager/Supervisor.
Education & Work Experience
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelors of Science degree in a related field and 2 years’ experience working with children and /or families.
• Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
• Experience in education or training adults within a social service or community related agency setting preferred.
• Ability to make professional presentations to individuals or in group settings, utilizing different learning styles.
• Ability to work within a team, sharing and coordinating responsibilities.
• Ability to assess individuals and families on clinical and social issues that could impact their ability to care of foster/adoptive children in their home.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Trainer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Visalia, California US