Location: South San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10529
Position Title: HR Payroll Specialist I
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Payroll Specialist I supports the HR Payroll Department in processing Agency payroll, report writing, and data entry into the Time and Attendance/Payroll systems. Additionally the Payroll Specialist I supports the Accounting department in payroll related General Ledger (GL) code and cost center data entry, audit reports, mileage reimbursement, and other administrative duties as assigned.
Your Skills and Duties
Supports Payroll Function:
- Works closely with HR Payroll Supervisor and HR Payroll Specialist II to ensure accurate and timely payment of wages;
- acts as back-up to the HR Payroll Specialist II position in the event of absence;
- audits timesheets and resolves any problems with the Field involving incorrect timesheets or payment of wages;
- assists HR Payroll Specialist II with processing Board approved salary increases, wage garnishments, and manual checks;
- assists the HR Specialists in processing Leave of Absence Compensation Requests;
- provides payroll reports as needed.
Assists with On-boarding, Status Changes, and Employee Separations:
- Works with the HR Payroll Specialist II to enter all New Hire data into the Payroll system and create new employee timesheets;
- Assists HR Payroll Specialist II with processing status changes, salary increases, and bonuses and enters into Payroll system;
- Assists HR Payroll Specialist II with processing terminations in the Time and Attendance/Payroll system;
- Mails out termination packets to the field offices or to the employee as indicated.
Inputs Time and Attendance/Payroll Systems:
- Supports the HR Payroll Specialist II with maintaining and updating the Time and Attendance/Payroll system;
- Assists the HR/Payroll Supervisor with Agency reports as needed;
- Responds to requests for reports from Accounting and field Administrators.
Manages Payroll GL Code/Cost Center Entries and Mileage Reimbursement:
- Works with the Accounting Department in managing GL and Cost Center coding for the Time and Attendance/Payroll system as changes arise;
- Manages the mileage reimbursement system by uploading employee and Cost Center changes to both the Mileage and Payroll system;
- Manages the year-end changes to GL Codes and Cost Centers and uploads to Time and Attendance/Payroll system as well as mileage system;
- Assists the HR Recruitment and Onboarding Specialists in uploading cost centers and GL code templates, which includes WCC and EEOC codes, in the ATS/Onboarding system;
- Creates a mileage calendar at the end of the year to correspond with payroll schedule.
- Completes other duties or projects as assigned;
- Assists Payroll Supervisor with Agency reports as needed;
- Responds to requests for reports from Accounting and field Administrators
Education and Work Experience
- B.A. from an accredited college or university or equivalent accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 – 3 year’s payroll experience required
- Proficient with MS Office Suite; must have excellent Excel skills inclusive of pivot tables and V look ups
- Proficient with HRIS/payroll systems.
- Ability to interface and work well with all levels of staff, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Prior work experience in a not-for-profit setting
- Experience in a multi-site organization
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report) if required to drive for this position.
Compensation: $28.00 hourly & Full Benefits
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Payroll Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US