Location: Antioch, California, United States
Requisition Number: 755956
Position Title: Intervention Specialist
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Intervention Specialist implements the behavioral plan created by the Developmental Supervisor. Work is conducted in a one on one setting with the client in their home or in the community, based on the needs of the child and the plan. The Intervention Specialist is also responsible for role modeling for the family members how to work with the client as per the behavioral plan. As a valued team member, the Intervention Specialist will submit notes and provide feedback on interventions to the Aspiranet team during team meetings, email, phone calls and supervision.
Your Skills and Duties
- Committed to the concept of “inclusion” of children with developmental disabilities in family & community
- Demonstrated ability to prevent & handle crisis situations effectively
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Have a car for work related driving which passes Agency’s safety inspection. Valid California Driver’s license, proof of auto insurance & a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent experience with persons with developmental disabilities
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- First Aid & CPR Certification.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Intensive Home-Based Services
Community / Marketing Title: Intervention Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antioch, California US