Wraparound Child Family Specialist
Location: Long Beach, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10868
Position Title: Support Counselor II
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
The Wraparound Child Family Specialist is part of a strengths-based, highly skilled and passionate team of employees including a Facilitator, Clinician and Parent Partner. The team uses creative problem solving skills to support this high risk population and provides intensive home-based support to families each week.
As a Child Family Specialist you will find yourself on the front lines of intensive home based service delivery. You will have multiple opportunities to meet with clients and family members in the Los Angeles County. We meet young people at their most vulnerable times, build on their strengths, respect their voice and support them through challenges as they develop new and more successful coping skills. The successes youth build upon throughout service delivery allows them to be prepared to overcome future obstacles and maintain hope moving forward.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provides field-based support to youth in their home or community settings.
- Identify interventions and coping skills to support identified behaviors.
- Role model alternative strategies for caregivers and youth.
- Collaborate with team on youth and family treatment plan.
- Completion of documentation and required trainings.
Education & Work Experience
- BA or BS Degree in related field; or AA Degree plus one full time equivalent year experience in a related field/setting (community based. social services, behavioral health, school based or residential setting).
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the clients.
Licenses & Certifications
- Must be registered with the National Professional Index (NPI).
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Intensive Home-Based Services
Community / Marketing Title: Wraparound Child Family Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: Long Beach
County: Los Angeles
Location_formattedLocationLong: Long Beach, California US