Compliance Specalist/Administrative Assistant II
Location: Hanford, California US
Requisition Number: 10810
Position Title: Compliance Specialist
Join Aspiranet and find a career your heart will love. You’ll be part of a vibrant team making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families every day.
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and service provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family and residential care, adoption, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health, intensive home-based supports, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Under the direction of the Core Program Director you will work with a team of managers, supervisors, clinicians and support staff who work with passion and purpose to create a thriving work environment. We foster a coordinated network of growth and support for each other, the families we serve and the community we reside in.
The Compliance Specialist/Administrative Assistant is responsible for improving overall quality and completeness of clinical records. Providing concurrent and retrospective clinical record reviews applying utilization, quality, and risk management services. Providing on-going support to staff with compliance expectations associated with documentation and billing. Providing general administrative support to the Core Program Director and overall office. Major responsibilities also include managing incoming calls, maintenance of database and report generation, coordinating personnel paperwork, maintaining and reconciling district cash/donation accounts and records, file preparation, review and maintenance, oversight of routine office operations and general information distribution within the office. Coordinating with the Administrative Assistant – Level II and/or Core Division Administrative Assistant(s) office regarding administrative functions.
Your Skills and Duties
- Complete all duties listed under the Administrative Assistant – Level 1 job description.
- Meet and greet clients and visitors in a courteous and professional manner.
- Effectively operate a multi-line phone system, and process incoming calls to differentiate between emergency and non-emergency phone calls and situations and respond accordingly per office and agency policies and procedures.
- Implement and/or maintain current office organizational standards.
- Respond to the administrative needs of staff and clients in a timely fashion as directed by the Core Program Director.
- Standard office computer system operation and maintenance of equipment such as a multi-functional machine (copy/fax/scanner), postage meter, printer, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word or similar word processing software.
- Maintain agency petty cash records according to agency policy and procedures.
- Maintain agency/district cash and in-kind donation records according to Agency policy and procedures.
- Code and submit all district reimbursements and vendor bills according to Agency policies and procedures.
- Sort, date stamp and deliver all incoming mail and process out-going mail according to office procedures.
- Inventory and purchase all office supplies as scheduled to ensure smooth and efficient office operations.
- Produce meeting minutes and daily correspondence, as requested, in a timely manner.
- Provide verbal and written information to families and clients, as directed.
- Assist with the completion of Personnel paperwork including pre-employment packets, separation packets, and new hire packets.
- Forward expired and missing personnel items to the Human Resources Department and assist employees in locating resources to obtain requested documentation (i.e. first aid, DMV printouts, health screenings, etc.)
- Accurately maintain the database, according to agency policy and procedures.
- Generate accurate and timely database reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Customize agency/district forms and documents as appropriate, maintain computer forms directories.
- Reviewing the completeness, accuracy, and timely input of all required data entered into County and Agency databases.
- Coordinate monthly chart audits with Program Manager/HOS; reviewing charts for compliance, accountability and internal responsibility.
- Generate accurate and timely reports on a daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, and preparing reports in response to audits including plans of correction.
- Monitors programs and services in order to ensure desired changes are effective objectives which are achieved, and program changes are maintained.
- Participate in monthly Peer Review/Compliance meetings per County and
- Agency guidelines, as assigned.
- Accountable for current knowledge of utilization management responsibilities, including regulations and payer information (i.e. EPSDT, insurance standards).
- Assist Program Manager/HOS to provide oversight and administrative assistance in tracking documents, monitoring best practices regarding documentation and billing, and maintaining client privacy and dignity.
- Reviews monthly Satisfaction Survey and other outcome data and disseminates results and staff/client comments to Program Manager/HOS; assist in the development of systems identified as opportunities for improvement and the collection of this data.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundary areas with staff, clients, families and community resources.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Follow all HIPAA compliance guidelines to ensure the confidentiality of all client information at all times.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary for the fulfillment of program requirements.
Education & Work Experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word® or similar current word processing software
- Ability to identify trends or problem areas.
- Experience working in a Windows® based environment including communications software using remote and file transfer protocols.
- Flexibility to manage the assigned workload in order to meet task deadlines
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience and knowledge operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a copier, and printer
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, and to effectively communicate findings.
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Community / Marketing Title: Compliance Specalist/Administrative Assistant II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Hanford, California US