On-Call Child Care Worker
Location: Brentwood, California US
Requisition Number: 10794
Position Title: Child Care Worker
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet's Family and Community Contra Costa County First 5 Centers provide center-based programming for children and families in their communities and offer assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and build community.
The On-Call Child Care Worker position works in an on-call capacity for the Antioch, Brentwood and Pittsburg First 5 Centers. This position is responsible for providing supervision for young children while their parents/siblings are taking center classes. The Aspiranet First 5 Centers serve families with children ages 0-5.
Your Skills and Duties
- Read, as assigned, policy manual and program standards and perform shift responsibility as assigned.
Provide child watch activities for children in the center's child watch area and support children to explore and engage in play.
Assure the safety of all children in child Watch.
- Communicate immediately any issues and incidents to center staff.
- Attend required meetings, training session, and briefings on current or proposed program and its related activities.
- Insure appropriate and safe condition and operation of center, its equipment and supplies.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, children and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience with 0-5 age children in a child day care or child care setting.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and professional development.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: On-Call Child Care Worker
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brentwood, California US