Part-Time Child Care Worker (20 hours; Bilingual preferred)
Location: Salinas, California US
Requisition Number: 10760
Position Title: Child Care Worker
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Child Care Worker in the Visitation Center is responsible for providing close supervision, monitoring, and documentation of court-ordered visits between parents and youth served by the Center. Major responsibilities include video and audio monitoring of supervised visitation, following all Judicial Standards that guide supervised visits, session and incident documentation, providing resources and referrals as indicated, and collaborating with County Child Welfare professionals.
Your Skills and Duties
- Orienting families to the Cherish Too visitation center, including review of visitation guidelines.
- Ensuring safety of clients at all times through coaching and/or intervention, as appropriate.
- Report any concerns regarding the physical plant or program to Core Program Manager in a timely manner.
- Read, as assigned, policy manual and program standards and perform shift responsibility as assigned.
- Attend required meetings, training session, and briefings on current or proposed program and its related activities.
- Participate in maintaining and monitoring inventory of program supplies, including games, toys, etc.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain and model appropriate boundaries with staff, birth and foster parents, children and community partners.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Core Program Manager.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience with children in a child day care or group care/residential setting or a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Part-Time Child Care Worker (20 hours; Bilingual preferred)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salinas, California US