Program Manager II- Head of Service
Location: Turlock, California US
Requisition Number: 10757
Position Title: Core Program Manager II
What's Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Core Program Manager II (CPM II) is responsible for hiring, training, supervising and evaluating staff, inclusive of performance management. The CPM II is responsible for supervising other CPM I(s) and for the day to day oversight of a satellite office. The CPM II has oversight of the program(s) budget, strategic planning, program reports, and interfaces with funder partners. The CPM II is responsible for program(s) oversight, including quality assurance, program compliance, and documentation in adherence to required federal, state, funder, and Agency standards. CPM II is responsible for upholding and supervising to the Agency’s operational, financial, personnel and practice rules, policies and procedures.
Your Skills and Duties
- Under the direction of the Core Program Director (CPD) oversees the day to day running of program, administrative and operational matters run out of the satellite office.
- Under the direction of the CPD supervise other Core Program Manger(s) (CPM).
- Under the direction of the CPD provide direction and support to administrative staff sited at the satellite office.
- Under the direction of the CPD, develop initial draft of core program budget and strategic plan.
- Under the direction of the CPD, manage core program to operational, contractual, and budgetary and practice standards.
- Under the direction of the CPD, manage Core Program to The Joint Commission and agency safety, practice and policy standards.
- Under the direction of the CPD, manage the implementation of the agency’s Best Practice and Quality Assurance efforts including compliance to data tracking systems and program specific outcome measurements.
- Under the direction of the CPD, operate program within budgetary limits by completing required financial reporting in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Prepare and submit reports to funders/partners as per program and Agency requirements.
- Accurately report incidents, grievances, complaints, issues and concerns and the related documentation to the CPD in a timely manner.
- Be prepared for and attend regular supervision with CPD,
- Serve as liaison with clients, partners, staff, funders and communities entities (or other constituencies), for the program s/he manages.
- Under the direction of the CPD, recruit, hire, orient, supervise, and evaluate program staff.
- In programs with a volunteer focus, the CPDII will assist in the recruitment, onboarding, training, matching, supervision and administrative functions of volunteers in alignment with program and funder expectations.
- In consultation with the CPD, complete performance management actions, inclusive of termination, as necessary.
- Provide on-going coordination and oversight of all program services, requirements, and duties, as preformed by supervisees.
- Conduct and document regular individual supervision with supervisees, as per program requirements.
- Monitor the quality and timely submission of required case/service documentation.
- Provide support and intervention to supervisees when needed.
- If required by program design, provide back-up on-call support to designated on-call program staff.
- If required by program design or in the absence of assigned direct care worker, provide direct service as per program guidelines.
- Participate in and conduct program related trainings.
- Educate staff on Agency, regulatory and funder requirements and monitor compliance by staff and partners.
- Complete administrative functions (time sheet, mileage, time off requests, credit card submissions, other expense reimbursements, and weekly schedule, etc.) on time and in accordance with agency policy. Oversee the timely and accurate administrative functions for those supervising.
- Participate in group supervision, staff meetings and special events, as required.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per Agency, funder, state and federal requirements.
- Prepare and conduct timely, accurate evaluations of employees under his/her supervision.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Represent self and Agency in a professional manner and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients, community partner and other constituencies.
- Preform additional duties as assigned by and in support of the CPD.
Education and Work Experience
- Master’s degree in a related field and a minimum of one year prior management experience
- A minimum of two years experience working in a related field / setting (community based, social services, behavioral health, school based or residential setting)
- Must be licensed with the Board of Behavioral Sciences
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical. Valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
This position offers a $2,500 signing bonus as well as $2,500 retention bonus after six months of continues employment.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Community / Marketing Title: Program Manager II- Head of Service
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US