Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10714
Position Title: Support Counselor I
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Support Counselor provides assistance to children in participation in family and community activities. In coordination with agency staff and service providers in the community, the Support Counselor promotes successful family and educational placement. To ensure successful transition occurs, the Support Counselor participates in weekly family meetings, develops transition plans, and participates in treatment reviews.
Your Skills & Duties
- Provide support to assigned child(ren) to participate at home and in surrounding community.
- Assist care givers to support children to participate in family and community activities.
- Work in coordination with care givers, County Mental Health Department, Case Manager, and TBS Supervisor in implementing treatment plan.
- Structure a safe environment for the child.
- Complete sixty (60) hours of training within thirty (30) days of employment.
- Make and document all direct client contact and collateral contact with care givers, community agencies and guardians.
- Maintain a close and supportive relationship with child’s educational placement that may include in-classroom support when necessary.
- Monitor and assist child with homework and provide tutoring when needed.
- Participate in all treatment reviews, program staff meetings and IEP meetings when necessary.
- Provide transportation when necessary for therapeutic activities and appointments.
- Represent Agency in a professional manner, support and model Aspiranet’s values, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, birth and foster parents, children and community resources.
- Complete own administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills, daily logs & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Participate in individual weekly case review, individual and group supervision, staff meetings and special events.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Program Coordinator.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social science related field and minimum six months’ experience in working with emotionally disturbed children, or A.A. in social science related field and minimum one year’s experience in working with emotionally disturbed children.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work evenings.
Licensing and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Support Counselor
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Sacramento, California US