Location: Turlock, California US
Requisition Number: 10710
Position Title: Teacher
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
Seeking Qualified, Motivated Special Education Professionals.
Teaching is more than instruction in curriculum, more than report cards, more than parent conferences. Teaching is sharing, giving, receiving, and learning. Teachers who excel in our program often describe their experiences among the most rewarding of their lives.
The Stanislaus Academy Teacher is responsible for providing daily instruction for all students in the program. Major responsibilities include IEP development, educational assessment, file maintenance, violation reporting, compliance monitoring, and student discipline.
Your Skills & Duties
- Grades 4th – 12th
- Organize and interpret student information drawing inferences regarding strengths, weaknesses and potential.
- Able to work with aggressive behaviors that may occur on a daily basis and will often require positive behavior intervention strategies and positive reinforcement.
- Work cooperatively with special education personnel in conducting the program.
- Conduct an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) for each student from established long-range goals and short-term objectives.
- Communicate with the SELPA and the local Unified School Districts.
- Assess pupil achievement; communicate such assessment to parents, the principle, and the coordinator.
- Establish and maintain a system of record keeping that will best facilitate the learning process.
- Administer routine student discipline and ensure classroom orderliness.
- Provide weekly briefings to the Principal regarding the status of projects under development.
- Maintain comprehensive files and documentation on all special projects both current and under consideration.
- Report any and all suspected or actual violations of State or Agency regulations to the Regional Director.
- Assure Stanislaus Academy is in compliance with Mental Health contract at all times.
- Direct activities of the teacher aides.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Principal.
Education & Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field
- Education Specialist Instructional Credential – Mild / Moderate
- Preferred 2 years teaching experience in a special education setting
- Knowledge of behavior management techniques
- Ability to collaborate as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Skills needed to write professional reports and IEPs
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Residential
Community / Marketing Title: Teacher
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US