Father Engagement Specialist
Location: Pittsburg, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10694
Position Title: Father Engagement Specialist
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Family Support Father Engagement Specialist (FES) is responsible for providing father engagement case management, father-child activity groups and home visitation services to program families, fathers with newborns and infants. Coordination and quality control of services within their assigned programs, funder and regulatory policies and procedures. In addition FES is responsible for participating in outreach and engagement/enrollment activities designed to engage program fathers in areas such as financial stability, employment and residency issues.
Your Skills and Duties
- Complete administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills and other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Manage a caseload of enrolled clients as outlined in the Weighted Caseload policy.
- Provide home visits per week to enrolled clients on caseload and contact pre-enrolled clients with goal of engagement/enrollment.
- Provide instruction in the GGK curriculum during weekly home visits to support attachment, parenting, and child development:
- Develop appropriate contacts and resources in the community to ensure that families will become connected to programs and agencies that will support them to provide a stable environment for the baby.
- Maintain organized files for resources and instructional materials.
- Maintain on-going contact with the family as necessary to support retention in the program
- Attend all mandatory meetings: collaborative meetings, team meetings, all-staff meetings, regularly scheduled meetings and community meetings that are relevant to the work.
- Attend all training recommended by the administration and by the funder.
- Participate in hosting monthly F5 center-based Workshops or Engagement Activities sponsored by the program.
- Be proficient in administering current and future program curriculum: i.e., Growing Great Kids, Ages and Stages, Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, Home Safety Check, etc.
- Complete all required home visit documentation in persimmony database daily and/or by noon on the next working day following home visit.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required in either Child development, Early Childhood Education, Psychology, Social work or other related fields
- Bi-Lingual capacity required: Fluent in oral and written Spanish and English
- 12 ECE units or willing to work towards earning units preferred
- A minimum of two years’ experience in the field of family support with emphasis on father engagement, family or child welfare services.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Father Engagement Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pittsburg, California US