Location: Pittsburg, California, United States
Requisition Number: 10693
Position Title: Program Assistant II Family Support Specialist
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Program Assistant II Family Support Specialist, under the supervision of the Center Director is responsible for developing and implementing quality ECE curriculum, programming and support for parents and children in the form of classes, workshops, and activities.
Your Skills and Duties
- Complete administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills and other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Coordinates and supports sub-contracted program providers and support staff (translation, childcare etc.).
- Assists with program planning and center calendar development.
- Monitors and coordinates attendance, client satisfaction, data collection and evaluation activities.
- Maintains networking relationships with the local community.
- Supports center registration process from start to finish.
- Creates and provides daily family literacy, tobacco education, early learning opportunities, and parent education classes.
- Creates and provides pre-k transition programming that includes parent education and parent-child interactive classes that simulate preschool experiences. Programming designed to help families’ transition children to high-quality preschool programs.
- Creates monthly story time activities and other early learning classes.
- Creates ice breakers for families at the beginning of classes to encourage a sense of community.
- Provides support to families who come to the Center and communicate with families as necessary to facilitate consistent attendance at classes.
- Follows-up with families who have indicated a desire to participate on class sign-up sheets.
- Meets weekly for supervision.
- As a member of Center Team, participates in other center related activities.
- Develops and maintain positive communication and working relationships with referring/placing and collaborative partner agencies.
- Maintains organized files for resources and instructional materials.
- Attends all mandatory meetings: collaborative meetings, team meetings, all-staff meetings, regularly scheduled meetings and community meetings that are relevant to the work.
- Attends all training recommended by the administration and by the funder
- Prepares/Hosts F5 center-based Socializations or Engagement Activities – may include:
- Coordinating presenters
- Preparing materials/activities
- Setting up event space
- Purchase/ Prepare refreshments and program/activity supplies
- Clean up.
- Demonstrates a willingness to change duties as program protocols evolve.
- Demonstrates a willingness to develop other recruitment strategies as needed.
- Maintains active CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Ability to drive distances within Contra Costa County as needed.
- Participates in group supervision, staff meetings and special events, as required by program, agency and/or funder.
- Maintains client confidentiality per agency, funder, state and federal requirements.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Represents self and Agency in a professional manner and abide by the Agency’s dress protocol and Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintains appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients, community partner and other constituencies.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by and in support of the Program Supervisor and Center Director or District Director
Education and Work Experience
- A minimum of two years experience in the field of 0-5 teaching and 12 units to 24 units in Early Child Education/ Child Development.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development required.
- Bilingual Fluency: English/Spanish preferred (Oral and Written)
Licenses & Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and Community Care Licensing for a licensed community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical. Valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Teacher-Program Assistant
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Pittsburg, California US