HR Onboarding Specialist
Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10511
Position Title: Onboarding Specialist
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Onboarding Specialist supports the Agency Recruiters in processing all new employees and status changes in the Agency. Major responsibilities are managing the Employee Services Portal Onboarding system to ensure employees are on-boarded efficiently and effectively, and managing status changes inside of gr8 People/ATS system. Additionally, the Onboarding Specialist supports the Recruitment department as special projects arise.
Your Skills and Duties
Onboarding of New Hires and Status Changes:
- Sends emails to applicants once hiring managers have submitted offer letters to candidates to take them through background checks;
- Works with hiring managers to process Applicant Packets in the ESP system to ensure that all conditions of employment are met within 30 days from offer letter;
- Works with applicant on how to upload conditions of employment documents into the ESP system.
- Provides orientation packets in the ESP system to all new hires on the first day of hire and works with hiring managers and new hires to upload orientation documents;
- provides consultation and support for new hires during and after orientation;
- Ensures the smooth processing of status changes inside of the gr8 People ATS system;
- Checks employee folders to ensure that internal candidates meet requirements for transferring.
- assists HR Assistant with creating employee Human Resources files as needed;
- assists Recruitment Director with special projects and the Human Resources Department staff as requested;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Work Experience
- Degree preferably in Human Resources management or related field.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, power point, share point, HRIS systems.
- Ability to interface and work well with diverse staff, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Organization skills, communication skills and ability to multitask.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL, and clean driving record.
- Prior work experience in a not-for-profit setting
- Experience in a multi-site organization
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then ASPIRAnet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: HR Onboarding Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US