Location: Turlock, California US
Requisition Number: 10445
Position Title: Teacher's Aide
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s residential program is home to young men ages 10-18. The Teacher’s Aide works collaboratively with our youth, parents, social workers and clinical staff to implement a strength based and trauma informed plan to assist our youth on their path to a brighter future. As a Teacher’s Aide, you will be responsible for assisting the Teacher in all instructional activities.
For decades, the Residential program has had a direct and significant impact on reuniting youth with their families. The Stanislaus Academy Teacher’s Aide is responsible for assisting the Teacher in all instructional activities, measuring student progress, providing routine student discipline and supervision, and ensuring classroom cleanliness. Major responsibilities include student instruction assistance, assessment administration, student supervision, and student progress documentation.
Your Skills and Duties
- Instruct students as directed by Teacher.
- Administer tests as needed.
- Supervise students during Physical Education period.
- Supervise students during lunch and free time.
- Prepare lessons with Teacher’s supervision to meet students’ needs and goals.
- Work cooperatively with counseling and residential staff.
- Function as a team member using behavioral, clinical and therapeutic techniques.
- Serve as a positive role model for students.
- Be present at times and days specified on school calendar.
- Assist students to develop positive relationships with peers and adults.
- Assist in observation and recording of student development and progress.
- Assist in setting up, monitoring and cleaning up program facilities.
- Operate equipment and machines necessary to program operation.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the agency in a professional manner, and abide by the agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Special Education Teacher.
Education & Work Experience
- High school diploma. Prefer some college background in Child Development and Psychology
- Some classroom experience as an aide or teacher volunteer
- Knowledge of behavior modification techniques
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to interpret test results and provide appropriate instructions
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: $14.00 - $15.00 DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Residential
Community / Marketing Title: Teacher's Aide
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Turlock, California US