Parent Partner Bilingual
Location: Merced, California US
Requisition Number: 10430
Position Title: Parent Partner
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
Parent Partners provide home based case management and support services to families. Under the direction of the Program Supervisor, the Parent Partner provides regular home visit support, training, coaching, resource and referral, linkages to services to assigned families, largely in the families’ home or community. Additional responsibilities include completion of required documentation and attendance at required meetings.
Your Skills & Duties
- Participate in or complete a needs assessment and support plan for each assigned family.
- Coach, train and support families towards self sufficiency.
- Assist families in strengthening parenting, communication and life skills.
- Assist parents in becoming their own advocates.
- Provide necessary resource and referrals to assigned families.
- Assist families in linking to necessary resources.
- Maintain good communication with other individuals working with the family.
- Attend scheduled supervision meetings prepared to present current status of assigned families.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings.
- Complete required written documentation within stated time frame.
- Complete administrative paper work.
- Provide direct supervisor and team with weekly schedule.
- Maintain positive, open communication with staff, families, community agencies.
- Maintain client confidentiality per state, federal, and Agency standards.
- Represent agency in a professional manner, support and model Aspiranet’s values, and abide by the agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate cultural competency.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, youth, caretakers and community partners.
Education & Work Experience
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years experience with families and children.
- Knowledge of local community resources.
- Experience with culturally diverse populations.
Licensing and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
- Meets all compliance requirements of federal, state, and country regulations by periodic sanction checks.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Behavioral Health
Community / Marketing Title: Parent Partner Bilingual
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Merced, California US