On-Call Child Care Worker
Location: Salinas, California US
Requisition Number: 10336
Position Title: Child Care Worker
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Child Care Worker is responsible for providing continuous supervision of children and youth served by the center. Major responsibilities include incident documentation, transportation, meal preparation, violation reporting, compliance with licensing and agency standards, and management of client personal property inventory.
Your Skills and Duties
- Utilize staff log to document incidents which might serve as critical information to ER/CPS staff assigned to a child’s case.
- Utilize staff log to inform other shifts of pertinent facts regarding children and youth served by Center.
- Provide transportation to children and youth as assigned by Supervisor.
- Prepare and monitor preparation of meals and snacks provided to children and youth, ensuring that all left-overs are properly stored and dated, and disposed, and dining and food areas are properly cleaned and secured.
- Report any concerns regarding the physical plant or program to Child Care Worker Supervisor in a timely manner.
- Read, as assigned, policy manual and program standards and perform shift responsibility as assigned.
- Attend required meetings, training session, and briefings on current or proposed program and its related activities.
- Responsible for conducting a regular inventory of center’s equipment, supplies and food products for purposes of monitoring possible purchasing needs.
- Insure appropriate and safe condition and operation of center, its equipment and supplies.
- Insure personal property of children and youth served is itemized, inventoried and accounted for when entering and exiting center.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, birth and foster parents, children and community resources.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per licensing and Agency standards.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience with children in a child day care or group care/residential setting or a Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: On-Call Child Care Worker
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Salinas, California US