Resource Specialist - Part-time
Location: Camarillo, California US
Requisition Number: 804247
Position Title: Outreach Coordinator
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Resource Outreach Specialist is responsible for providing family centered-support, assistance, and referrals as determined by the families using a strengths based model of assessment and case management. Under the supervision of the Core Program Supervisor or Manager, the Resource/Outreach Specialist coordinates with contract agency personnel to identify families in need of family advocacy and support services.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provide high quality, multidimensional information and referral services to families accepted for Differential Response services.
- Actively keep resource database updated with accurate information about community resources.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as requested.
- Meet weekly with Program Supervisor/Manager for review of own case-load and to discuss problems, concerns, and progress regarding each case under her/his supervision.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and working relationships with referring/placing and collaborative partner agencies.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, training and contract planning meetings as directed.
- Provide required written and/or verbal communication with Agency and contractors.
- Develop and maintain positive, open communications with staff, families and other community agencies.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, birth parents, children and community resources.
- Complete own administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, phone bills & other expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality per Agency standards.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the agency in a professional manner, and abide by the agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Program Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Minimum AA degree, preferably with a major in a social services related field from an accredited college/university.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working with children and families in a social services setting or similar position
- Knowledge of Ventura County and Oxnard area resources/services
- Education or experience in obtaining services and advocating for the needs of children and families
- Experience working with culturally diverse populations
- Familiarity with social services delivery systems is preferred, knowledge in mental health, substance abuse, intimate partner violence resources and social services delivery systems, is highly desirable.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Must show personal initiative for following guidelines and directions.
- Must have strong skills in use of computer and telephone communication and documentation.
- Must pass a criminal background check conducted by County, and HSA participation in reference checks.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Resource Specialist - Part-time
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Camarillo, California US