Location: Antioch, California US
Requisition Number: 806917
Position Title: Social Worker
What’s Your Calling?
You can find a job or you can find your mission. We've got some big challenges. We want you to help us make a meaningful difference.
Aspiranet is a one-of-a-kind social service agency dedicated to building a world where all children and youth are loved and cared for, and all families have the resources to thrive. Founded in 1975, our core mission is to help California kids and families. Aspiranet's services include foster resource family support, residential care, adoption services, support for youth making the transition from foster care to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We provide services throughout the state.
Join Our Mission
Everyone who is part of Aspiranet is passionate about the important work they do. You'll join a group of like-minded people who care deeply about the children and families in our care.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Social Worker (SW) provides case management services directly to children, youth and families. The SW coordinates, conducts and documents assessments, screenings, child and family meetings, related program trainings, case plans, home visits, case documentation, reports, interventions, on-call support which facilitate successful outcomes for children, youth and families.
Your Skills & Duties
- Conduct intake assessments capturing identified needs and safety issues.
- Conduct timely screenings.
- Provide appropriate referrals and develop safety plans when indicated by assessment and or screenings.
- Work collaboratively to engage the Child and Family Team in the identification of strengths and needs which inform the development and implementation of service plans.
- Facilitate the development of service plan.
- Attend meetings related to child/youth or family’s needs and service plan.
- Maintain contact with community professionals involved with child/youth and family to facilitate communication and coordination of services.
- Work in collaboration with child/youth, family, family team members, community members and other collaborative partners to facilitate successful completion of service plan and to support permanency and lifelong connections.
- Develop a professional supportive relationship with children/youth, families, referring parties, collaborative partners and community.
- Complete quality and timely strength based service plans, reports, and other case documentation per Agency, funder and regulatory standards.
- Provide case contact and support (training, resources, advocacy, and interventions) to children, youth and their families as needed to meet service plan objectives.
- Document all contacts per Agency standards.
- Secure required documents to maintain files per Agency, funder and regulatory standards.
- Utilize program database and related reports to meet program standards.
- Respond to and report all incidents, complaints and grievances per program, Agency and regulatory guidelines.
- Adhere to all program, Agency and regulatory requirements.
- Provide on-call services per Agency and program standards.
- When requested by supervisor, carry reduced caseload in order to support projects, initiatives, child and/or family trainings and /or specific program functions.
- Conduct and participate in Agency sponsored trainings and special events.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with staff, clients and community resources.
- Participate in scheduled case review, individual and group supervision, and staff / program meetings.
- Maintain client and case confidentiality as per HIPAA, state and Agency standards.
- Secure and maintain adherence to program consents.
- Accurately complete administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Support and model Aspiranet’s values, represent the Agency in a professional manner, and abide by the Agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by Core Program Director/Manager/Supervisor.
Education & Work Experience
- Masters Degree in an approved discipline, or with approval from the funder and/or regulatory body a Bachelors Degree in a related field and two years casework experience. For programs governed by Community Care Licensing, a formal exception must be granted by CCL.
Licensing and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by funder and regulatory body; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid CDL and clean driving record.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Foster Care & Adoption
Community / Marketing Title: Social Worker
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Antioch, California US