Location: South San Francisco, California US
Requisition Number: 10730
Position Title: Systems Analyst
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Systems Analyst is the primary liaison between Aspiranet’s program and IT entities, and is responsible for gathering and documenting requirements, designing components and providing all relevant information to the development team. These activities inform development and implementation of information technology solutions for the agency’s staff that adhere to best practices, contractual and licensing compliance, and monitoring of outcomes. The Systems Analyst will report to the Director of IT.
Your Skills and Duties
- Collect specifications, analyze business processes and map process flow to determine the exact nature of users system requirements.
- Interact with internal users and customers to learn and document requirements that are then used to produce business requirements.
- Interact with IT professionals, such as software engineers and programmers whenever a development process is conducted
- Work closely with IT professionals throughout the implementation and testing phases, to set up test environments and test data for a timely and exhaustive project testing.
- Assist programmers to debug or eliminate errors from the system.
- Identify, understand and plan for organizational and human impacts of planned systems, and ensure that new technology is properly integrated with existing processes and skill sets.
- Attend to ad-hoc issues related to day-to-day activities of system users.
- Study and report on unused functions of the system, and configure and test new or modified report formats or functionality, and coordinate with lead user and developer to test and implement changes as needed.
- Prepare specifications, use cases, flow charts, and process diagrams for programmers to follow.
- Develop and maintain systems documentation such as design specifications, user manuals, description of application operations, training materials and methodology documentation.
- Participate in technical collaboration meetings and provide project management team with periodical reviews on implementation status.
- Identify ongoing end user and programmatic needs and develop responsive communication and training that supports accuracy, productivity and compliance
- Generate accurate and timely reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis, as needed, including monitoring program compliance related to use of technology.
- Travel to Aspiranet office locations throughout the California as needed.
- Maintains client and case confidentiality per licensing and agency standards.
- Conducts and participates in Agency sponsored trainings and special events.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Accurately completes administrative paperwork (time sheets, mileage, time off requests, expense reimbursements, weekly schedule, etc.) on time.
- Always maintains appropriate professional boundaries.
- Supports and models Aspiranet’s values, represent the agency in a professional manner, and abide by the agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Director of IT
Education & Work Experience
- Possession of a four-year degree from an accredited college or university with a major in information systems, computer or a related field.
- Minimum two years of full time experience in systems analysis and/or computer programming. If one does not meet the educational requirement then they may substitute work experience for education.
- Experience collaborating with a project team to define business/functional requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Strong analytical skills required, including thorough understanding of how to interpret user needs and translate them into application and functional requirements.
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functionality requirements and capabilities of innovative technologies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software.
Licenses and Certifications
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a licensed Community Care Facility; i.e. Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index Clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report) if required to drive for this position.
Only local Bay Area candidates will be considered.
Compensation: Competitive DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Administration
Community / Marketing Title: Business Analyst
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: South San Francisco
County: San Mateo
Location_formattedLocationLong: South San Francisco, California US