Location: Concord, California US
Requisition Number: 10619
Position Title: Clinician III
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
Aspiranet’s Family and Community Services provide home, visiting, center-based and school-based services to children and families in their communities and offers assistance that is client-centered, trauma-informed, and reflective of best practice standards in the field. Our services are designed to strengthen families and communities while preventing child maltreatment. When you join our multidisciplinary team, you become part of a passionate group determined to impact lives and empower youth.
The Clinician III - Care Coordinator is responsible for the provision of Behavioral Health services provided at the Center. The Clinician III serves as Care Coordinator related to the needs identified via the assessment(s). This includes coordinating other provider assessments, interviews, intakes, and coordination of services beginning that will support the sustainability of their placement. Major responsibilities include completion of assessments, development and implementation of the Center’s plan; consultation with Center Manager and Center Child Care Workers on youths’ needs. Clinician III - Care Coordinator supports assessment best practices at the Center.
Your Skills and Duties
• Conduct CANS assessment capturing identified needs for service plan.
• Provides appropriate referrals and develops safety plans when indicated by assessment and or screenings.
• Responsible for supporting the assessment practices of the Center including staff training, consultation, case reviews, review of notes, etc.
• Maintains contact with community professionals involved with child/youth and family to facilitate communication and coordination of services.
• Works in collaboration with child/youth, receiving center staff, community members and other collaborative partners to facilitate successful completion of Center’s service plan.
• Attends meetings related to child/youth or Center service plan.
• Development and facilitation of trainings for direct service staff.
• Completes strength based needs and Center Service Plans, reports, and other case documentation per Agency, funder and regulatory standards.
• Provides case contact and support (training, resources, and interventions) to children, youth and center staff as needed to meet service plan objectives.
• Documents all contacts per Agency standards.
• Secures required documents to maintain files per Agency, funder and regulatory standards.
• Utilizes program database and related reports to meet program standards.
• Responds to and report all incidents, complaints and grievances per program, Agency and regulatory guidelines.
• Works in partnership with Center Manager to provide best practices
• Master’s degree in Psychology/Social Work or related field
• Registered MFT intern or Clinical Social Worker Intern with the BBSE
• Three years of full-time employment in the field of family or child mental health or related field
Aspiranet engages in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. If our values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then ASPIRAnet may be the right choice for you. You may be one step closer to making a difference in a child, family, and community’s life.
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Family & Community
Community / Marketing Title: Care Coordinator
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
County: Contra Costa
Location_formattedLocationLong: Concord, California US