Administrative Assistant II
Location: Long Beach, California US
Requisition Number: 10461
Position Title: Administrative Assistant II
Are you interested in being part of positive changes in child welfare services?
Founded in 1975 with locations across California, Aspiranet is a trusted neighbor, partner and care provider that exists to help families thrive. With personalized care, Aspiranet offers a unique blend of services including foster family support, residential care, adoption services, and services for foster youth transitioning to adulthood, mental health services, intensive home-based care, and community-based family resources. We celebrate our values of respect, integrity, courage and hope through our work, and most importantly, our people.
Aspiranet staff gain inspiration from human connection and understand that success is the product of teamwork. We seek champions for our mission and those committed to excellence.
Your Future Team
When you work for Aspiranet, you join a committed team whose efforts positively affect children and families.
The Administrative Assistant II provides general program administrative support. Major responsibilities include supporting front office, maintenance of multiple databases, adherence to program/client file record requirements, maintaining and reconciling program fund requests and oversight of routine office operations.
Your Skills and Duties
- Provide general reception for the office.
- Operate a multi-line phone system.
- Manage petty cash account.
- Reconcile petty cash account.
- Process fiscal fund requests and reconciliations.
- Maintain program donation records.
- Code and submit all reimbursements and vendor invoices.
- Manage in-coming and outgoing mail.
- Inventory and purchase all office supplies.
- Produce meeting minutes and correspondence.
- Complete Administrative tasks related to on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Complete administrative tasks related to on-going Humana Resource processes.
- Prepare safety meeting materials for monthly safety meeting
- Data enter.
- File manage.
- Complete annual archiving
- Perform periodic file audits.
- Scan and copy.
- Clean and stock office supplies.
- Schedule and maintain conference/meeting room calendars and meeting space appearance.
- Generate accurate and timely database reports.
- Serve as local technical support related to agency equipment.
- Complete personal administrative paperwork.
- Prepare clear, concise written reports and summaries.
- Comprehend and follow directions.
- Clearly convey instructions to others.
- Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences.
- Maintain appropriate professional boundary areas with staff, partners, clients and community resources.
- Maintain client and employee confidentiality per HIPAA, and other confidentiality laws.
- Model Aspiranet’s values, represent the agency in a professional manner, and abide by the agency’s Professional Code of Ethics.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Core Program Director.
Education & Work Experience
- A minimum of two years’ experience in clerical and business office operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Experience working in a Windows- based environment including communications software using remote and file transfer protocols.
- Proficient organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Flexibility to manage assigned workload in order to meet specified task deadlines.
- Competent in operating and maintaining standard office equipment such as a multi-functional machine (copier/printer/scanner/fax), postage meter, etc.
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Department of Justice (DOJ) Fingerprint and Child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, valid California Driver’s License and clean driving record (Motor Vehicle Report) if required to drive for this position.
Compensation: $13 - $15.50 DOE
Benefits: Aspiranet is a collaborative environment where everyone has a voice in creating the best possible outcomes for our clients and our staff. We offer an exceptional work environment and a competitive benefits package for full-time employees. Our benefits package is robust, aimed at keeping you healthy and well, financially secure, providing a work-life balance, and protecting you from the unexpected.
Aspira means hope. We are a network of people bringing hope forward. We look forward to learning what makes you passionate.
Job Category: Transitional Age Youth
Community / Marketing Title: Administrative Assistant II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
City: Long Beach
County: Los Angeles
Location_formattedLocationLong: Long Beach, California US